What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brew dog jagged edge.
not a lot different than a punk to be honest. Slightly more bitter
C337B410-425C-485B-A5F9-3EE1B0AE0B79.jpeg

E76B4401-5D9F-47DB-87C6-F070E1A9365C.jpeg
Bramling Cross & Saaz SAISON

Doing a carbonation check on this before moving to the garage, was a bit of an experiment and I have mixed views on it. First up the Bramling Cross is definitely dominating this beer as it has a strong black current like flavour, which somewhat overwhelms the characteristics I would expect from the Yeast. I will happily drink this but I still prefer my Saaz & Aurora SAISON, I think it needs a tad more bitterness possibly either increase the boil time on the first addition or use something like Magnum as a first addition.

View attachment 46818
Bramling Cross & Saaz SAISON

Doing a carbonation check on this before moving to the garage, was a bit of an experiment and I have mixed views on it. First up the Bramling Cross is definitely dominating this beer as it has a strong black current like flavour, which somewhat overwhelms the characteristics I would expect from the Yeast. I will happily drink this but I still prefer my Saaz & Aurora SAISON, I think it needs a tad more bitterness possibly either increase the boil time on the first addition or use something like Magnum as a first addition.
Both of those sound very nice!

Was going to have a drink tonight as I have been struggling with a cold, but after a session in the pain cave I fancied some cheese and biscuits for supper. You need a drink with those and wanted something dark.

I then remembered that I have a Baltic porter from @pilgrimhudd. I have never had this style but fancy brewing one in winter. I do have a verdant version in the fridge.

This poured with a nice thick white head that dispersed after a while. This is different to a normal porter, seems lighter and definetly more lager like that the traditional porter. But like a bipa without the hops. I really like it and very interesting beer. This seems more carbed than I thought but that could be how it is supposed to be.

This is a cracking beer @pilgrimhudd thanks for sharing. I wouldn't mind seeing the recipe and how it was brewed.

Attachments

• 20210509_201036.jpg
    20210509_201036.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back