What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I take the lazy approach and just use dried bakers yeast which I suspect doesn’t really benefit from this (still better than any frozen pizza though) but keep on meaning to try sour dough again, used to have one but rather neglected it and ending up chucking it a few years back.

I do pizza pretty much every week and I’ll do far more with more dried yeast than sourdough. Get the PizzaApp on your phone, a 12hr poolish and 24hr RT ferment will give you an awesome flavour boost for zero effort.
The sourdough starter is mostly for bread but No.3 child has taken a liking to it for pizza basses.

On to the roadworks ipa now 6.5% again from Aldi Ireland and another belter. Less bitter than the east coast ipa but a lot more fruity. Strawberry lychee and pineapple notes. For €1.99 it’s money well spent.
A8566E87-6C35-49FD-9B05-04B8426BACAB.jpeg

A Doppelbock @7% courtesy of @samale and is dark,big bodied,sweet but dark and malty and very intriguing as this is my first time trying one.Giing to enjoy this me thinks.. :onechug: :onechug:athumb..

Edit:
Warmed up there is a subtle hint of roasted smoke yet still masking the alcohol which is vaguely noticeable on the back end.
Excellent @samale and glad I kept this a bit and kept it cold as it wanted to rise out of the bottle but yet it's not overly carbed though is quite a complexed beer.Cheers and well done..

Last edited:
Early try of of a ipa I made a few weeks ago bottled a few as I had some left over after kegging. It was a kind of experiment as I had just kegged an esb I threw the ipa on top of the turb and it took off like a rocket. Won’t be the best beer in the world but it will be drinkable. Will give the keg a few more weeks before tapping though
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back