What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
QC on the latest 3c pale...juicy,tasty and good after two weeks bottled. I'm pleased about this as it's turning into a really nice quick turn around beer.
I have been thinking about a couple of tweaks..

Last edited:
What brews have you lined up
Well I bought some Ekuanot, cashmere and saaz and a pack of Wyeast 1450 denny's favorite and 2007 pilsen lager. So likely a czech pils and I think I might do single hop pale ale with the Ekuanot and Cashmere.

I am also going to build up starters so I can get 4 pitches per pouch.

Trying to figure out the best single hop recipe think I might just do 75% pale, 20% vienna and 5% Crystal 10.

QC on the latest 3c pale...juicy,tasty and good after two weeks bottled. I'm pleased about this as it's turning into a really nice quick turn around beet.
I have been thinking about a couple of tweaks..
Are you using citra, cascade and centennial? Or Columbus?

Another try of my lemon and rosemary rye Saison. It's still very strong but I am enjoying it
IMG_20210530_233630135.jpg

Well I bought some Ekuanot, cashmere and saaz and a pack of Wyeast 1450 denny's favorite and 2007 pilsen lager. So likely a czech pils and I think I might do single hop pale ale with the Ekuanot and Cashmere.

I am also going to build up starters so I can get 4 pitches per pouch.

Trying to figure out the best single hop recipe think I might just do 75% pale, 20% vienna and 5% Crystal 10.
I get at least 4 pitches. My method is to make a starter for the first brew. Then use the yeast cake. Normally get another 3 brews from the slurry depending on the abv

I get at least 4 pitches. My method is to make a starter for the first brew. Then use the yeast cake. Normally get another 3 brews from the slurry depending on the abv
Do you split the yeast cake up or just keep repitching?

I bought some DME and it gave me a good reason to buy an extra fermenter today as I am still waiting on my brewing equipment. I am making 4L of 1.040 wort with no hops and then I will split that up into 4 mason jars once it's done fermenting out. Should be pitch ready at any time then for my 10L batches.

DME is so easy to use I might actually use it to do some small batches of single and double hop combos.

Do you split the yeast cake up or just keep repitching?

I bought some DME and it gave me a good reason to buy an extra fermenter today as I am still waiting on my brewing equipment. I am making 4L of 1.040 wort with no hops and then I will split that up into 4 mason jars once it's done fermenting out. Should be pitch ready at any time then for my 10L batches.

DME is so easy to use I might actually use it to do some small batches of single and double hop combos.
I split the yeast cake between 3 or 4 kilner jars and store in the fridge. Decant the liquid of the top before pitching into the next brew.

What a beautiful day for a bank holiday Monday! Relaxing in the back garden after spending a whole weekend packing, as we are meant to move house this Friday 🤞first up is a Belgian pale with Wyeast 3522 Ardennes yeast and mandarina bavaria late on. Recipe here

Attachments

• 8A10C54D-CBFB-461F-A564-22DD2BAE16E9.jpeg
    8A10C54D-CBFB-461F-A564-22DD2BAE16E9.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back