What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pint of Stout from small PB, nice head and carbonation. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20210601_200420.jpg
    IMG_20210601_200420.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210601_192001.jpg
    IMG_20210601_192001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 34
Trying @UKSkydiver doppelbock 👌
This is a nice beer. Low carbonation, nice dark biscuit/bread flavour and aroma. Low bitterness
I know you missed your numbers on this but it's a nice beer which is what it's all about. Thank you for sharing 😊
View attachment 48155
Thanks - I appreciate your feedback (especially as I think you won a recent comp with your doppelbock)
Cheers

Another guest ale. This one is a Doppelbock from @UKSkydiver at 5.5%

As I poured this one I was hit with the aromas of chocolatey roasty malt and caramel. The chocolate malt is punching above it’s weight here as it’s only 1.5% of the grain bill.

The beer is a deep red-brown colour and is perfectly clear when held to the light. The light tan coloured head quickly fell back to a ring of bubbles around the glass and then held the line.

The punchy chocolate aroma on pouring has backed off a little as I taste the beer. The flavour is rich dark malt like chewing a dark malted bread crust, there’s a subtle hint of prune, and a touch of alcohol but not strong. Soft, smooth mouthfeel and good medium-full body. Just a touch of tackiness on my lips from the higher gravity finish. Bitterness is mild. No off-flavours.

Another lovely beer, thank you!
Thanks for the great notes. And thanks for the pointer on using the Cali Common yeast. Seems to have worked out quite well!
Cheers

@matt76 sent me another two Hurricane porters for a 2nd opinion and I'm very happy to oblige. Both slightly chilled and allowed to warm a bit.

This one is fermented with MJ M36, it is jet black, pours with a lovely brown head which lasts half the pint or so and is perfectly carbonated. Its medium bodied I'd say with a sweet malty aroma, very pleasant. Taste wise, malty, sweet, very slight hop bitterness, and as it warms, smoky, tobacco, like sniffing a fag packet just after opening it. Really like it, taste and body belies the fact that it's only 3.5%. Nice one!

20210602_195818.jpg

2nd of the night and @matt76 Hurricane Porter this time fermented with wyeast 1318.

Looks wise, jet black, slightly less of a head on this one, again perfectly carbonated. Sweet malty aroma, perhaps slightly fuller bodied than the last one but still medium bodied. Taste, less bitter than the last, quite roasty, better balanced, less smokiness than the other. Again, and I've said it before, I can't quite believe you get the body and flavour from a beer that's only 3.5%!

20210602_202618.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back