What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never tried that 😂
Bad photo but my Neipa is getting a serious hammering 😁
IMG_20210617_232107948.jpg

Was gutted tonight, my keg of Harvest Pale Ale kicked. I’ve been really enjoying that. One to add to the list to brew again. Fortunately, I have a free brew fridge so have been using it as a normal fridge keeping two kegs nicely chilled and ready to go for an occasion such as this.

So, I placed on tap my American Amber Ale, which has actually turned out more like an American Red Ale, so I’ve just renamed it. First impressions are very good. It was dry hopped with 110g of CML Punk’d hop pellets and is very nice indeed. Not so gutted the Harvest kick now 🍻

C32D95A8-1C8E-42DC-8CC8-61E2E957DB28.jpeg

Hi @Benfleet Brewery, being a relative newbie here, please excuse my ignorance but what does "kicked" mean when applied to a beer?
I presume it is not good, but what is it please?
Thanks,
Robin.

Ah, that’s not a beer phrase. I don’t know where I dragged it up from to be honest. Perhaps an abbreviation of “kicked the bucket” (died). Basically when pouring a pint the keg ran out of beer. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, that’s not a beer phrase. I don’t know where I dragged it up from to be honest. Perhaps an abbreviation of “kicked the bucket” (died). Basically when pouring a pint the keg ran out of beer. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, I get it.
As in 'all gone', now that is bad.
Good thing you had the Amber/Red ale available.
Thanks for the reply.
Regards,
Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back