What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been putting back some american lagers lately, they really do hit the spot when it's 38c out. Now I am moving on to the Mexican lagers, this one is better than I remember. It's classified as a munich dunkel and is quite accurate.

PXL_20210621_002830909.jpg

After a mad few weeks with very little brewing activity I've finally got the Gumballhead Clone kegged and carbonated after giving it nearly 3 weeks cold conditioning and wow! I've got a floral notes giving way to lemon, tangerine and a general citrus flavour. I'm on my second glass now and its bloody great, would definitely brew again...
gumballhead.jpg

After a mad few weeks with very little brewing activity I've finally got the Gumballhead Clone kegged and carbonated after giving it nearly 3 weeks cold conditioning and wow! I've got a floral notes giving way to lemon, tangerine and a general citrus flavour. I'm on my second glass now and its bloody great, would definitely brew again...
View attachment 49447
Looks a lot like mine...and sounds like it!

It's been a long 7 days without a beer so I am diving in with what can be the last couple of pints riwaka pale.

The colour is nothing like the photo, it's like milky pineapple juice.

And you can see from the photo that the new drinking terrace is ready for slabs.

Attachments

• 20210621_193738.jpg
    20210621_193738.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 32
This has been in the keg for just over a week, a pilsner smash with saaz the head didn’t stay round long but the carbonation is like tongue biting the taste is really nice for me you get that slight wiffy sulphur smell you get with lager but you can’t taste it, it’s nice, how can you tell chill haze from not clear all this kegging and a fridge is new to me
90048A7D-D274-489A-9B79-D1F9B72F4CC9.jpeg

This has been in the keg for just over a week, a pilsner smash with saaz the head didn’t stay round long but the carbonation is like tongue biting the taste is really nice for me you get that slight wiffy sulphur smell you get with lager but you can’t taste it, it’s nice, how can you tell chill haze from not clear all this kegging and a fridge is new to me View attachment 49455
Chill haze will normally clear as the beer warms up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back