What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@dave_77 I think this is good to send out. It's my take on your taris boulba clone. It's a nice drop 👍
IMG_20210621_212202231.jpg

Sorry
Nice, I'd like to give it a try..just drinking my last bottle 😭 MK2 is scheduled for a months time. I have some white IPA left that I can send over🍺
I have a dark imperial Saison that I am entering into this month's competition. I will send that as well. It would be nice to get your opinion on it as well 👌

Very pleased with my reincarnation of Webster's Yorkshire Bitter (following the Dave Line recipe):

websters_june_2021.jpg

This is very close to the first beer I drank in the pubs of 1980s Halifax, a proper bitter which could never be rebranded as "ale". I'd try to describe the flavour, but as this is where I started, the only word that springs to mind is "beer"!

Have you tried cold crashing then dry hopping? It's adds quite bit more fruitiness the few times I tried.
I will give it a try. I did read an article that dry hopping at high temperatures gives you better aroma. I tried a very small sample of my two hearted clone. It has a toffee sweetness I am not liking. Hopefully this will condition out, I used caramalt

I will give it a try. I did read an article that dry hopping at high temperatures gives you better aroma. I tried a very small sample of my two hearted clone. It has a toffee sweetness I am not liking. Hopefully this will condition out, I used caramalt
Just a warning that clone takes a good month of conditioning before it's really enjoyable. Something about the harshness of centennial when it's young seems to make it clash with the malt. Eventually the fruitiness shines and complements the sweeter malt bill well though. I always end up drinking 90% of it early and then kick myself that I wasn't more patient with it.

Oskar blues 'can-o-bliss' citrus IPA. Not bad and very drinkable. Just wish I had gotten a chance to try beers from these guys before they got bought over by big beer.

Just a warning that clone takes a good month of conditioning before it's really enjoyable. Something about the harshness of centennial when it's young seems to make it clash with the malt. Eventually the fruitiness shines and complements the sweeter malt bill well though. I always end up drinking 90% of it early and then kick myself that I wasn't more patient with it.
I wonder if this is why my clone wasn't that great. There was no way it was going to last a month in my fridge. From memory, it was drinkable but nothing to shout about.

Oskar blues 'can-o-bliss' citrus IPA. Not bad and very drinkable. Just wish I had gotten a chance to try beers from these guys before they got bought over by big beer.
Did they? Dales Pale is one of my favorite easy drinkers.

I wonder if this is why my clone wasn't that great. There was no way it was going to last a month in my fridge. From memory, it was drinkable but nothing to shout about.
Yeah I would even say 6 weeks if you can hold off. I think out of the 6 times I made it I have had one bottle last that long.

Also I do think the recipe has changed quite a bit from 5-10 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they just do a bittering addition and the add the rest in whirlpool and dry hop now.

Did they? Dales Pale is one of my favorite easy drinkers.
I believe so. Read it in a book about the goose Island takeover, 'barrel aged stouts and selling out'. A very good read, IMO. I think they were bought over by bud, whom belong to inbev etc. Pretty sure it was one of those sneaky takeovers that didn't hit the headlines.

Yeah I would even say 6 weeks if you can hold off. I think out of the 6 times I made it I have had one bottle last that long.

Also I do think the recipe has changed quite a bit from 5-10 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they just do a bittering addition and the add the rest in whirlpool and dry hop now.
It's very rare for my beers to last longer than a few weeks. I've a KBS clone, aging away, under the stairs. I will have the patience to wait for that one though, as it warrants it. But once she's in the fridge, I can't see her lasting too long :)

It's very rare for my beers to last longer than a few weeks. I've a KBS clone, aging away, under the stairs. I will have the patience to wait for that one though, as it warrants it. But once she's in the fridge, I can't see her lasting too long :)
6 weeks 🤔
That's not the news I wanted to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back