What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopping by my sister's house in Devon on the edge of Dartmoor, local shop has run out of Jail ale but this Legend ale is very good too.
IMG_2021-07-02-20-51-16-824.jpg

Quickly followed by a pint of sabro porter whilst having a walk around the garden and checking the chickens.

Now having a jet black heart on nitro, not bad at all

I remember that getting slated in the forum MrT just goes to show we all have different tastes, might pop to ALDI and get one tomorrow and give it a try.
Don't knock it till you've tried it!

I prefer maltier beers to hoppier beers so it's definitely down to personal tastes.

Next up another ALDI special. A bit of false advertising here as it definitely wasn't 'twice as nice'. Too boozy and too bitter, barely a whiff of hops.
PXL_20210702_134819628.jpg

Homework. Commercial example of beer styles I want to brew. Helles bock/dopplebock/weizenbock head to head coming soon with a schwarzbier to finish that set. The Affliglem and Bierre de Garde are throwbacks to three years holidaying in CenterParcs in north of France and Holland when the kids were younger.
48AE25A8-3596-4B4D-A52C-6CA6AB2EEE6D.jpeg

And while I’m in the garage, time for a wee pint of On The Sesh.
C71A06D1-3673-440B-90A4-C450E522CF79.jpeg

This was earlier. A refreshing pale ale whilst browsing the net for some garden furniture
Good luck with the furniture browsing. We were in the position a couple of months ago and it felt like everyone else had bought the whole UK stock for the next 5 years already.

Good luck with the furniture browsing. We were in the position a couple of months ago and it felt like everyone else had bought the whole UK stock for the next 5 years already.
Yeah a lot say stock in October. Some in mid August. I rather wait if it means getting the right one. Not like we haven't got enough already. Only got 3 sets of table and chairs.

Leffe is an easy beer to knock given its big business owners and wide distribution but it remains a very good beer and terrific value for money. I reckon it would do pretty well in a blind tasting of more trendy or niche Belgian beers.
I agree it’s a well brewed beer and a good example of Belgian style. The price of some Belgians put me off buying them.

Homework. Commercial example of beer styles I want to brew. Helles bock/dopplebock/weizenbock head to head coming soon with a schwarzbier to finish that set. The Affliglem and Bierre de Garde are throwbacks to three years holidaying in CenterParcs in north of France and Holland when the kids were younger.
View attachment 50101
Affligem is a lovely beer - used to drink that when I was working in Paris athumb..

After kegging my London Bitter this evening and sitting down for the football I poured myself a glass of Pine Rapids Pale Ale kindly sent to me by @pilgrimhudd
Nice gentle Psss on opening and poured with a nice head lastIng until the end of the glass, which wasn’t that long to be honest. The aroma was hoppy but not overly so and I honestly couldn’t remember what hops he said were used. I did know the aroma was familiar and after checking I kicked myself. Cascade and Simcoe but it was the Simcoe that was coming through. I haven’t used it for a while and had forgotten how much I liked it. Flavour didn’t disappoint either and carbonation was spot on.

I really enjoyed this, thank you 🍻

FF2A788F-AD90-44B9-8A25-B837C716532C.jpeg
7715E514-2159-4A76-B939-B651ED409452.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back