What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of porterhouse brewery beers. Rambler juicy pale and a xxxx full on stout. Nice stout very dark roast coffe flavours
2B4FCF61-07FA-4499-8586-B6962F7C7F79.jpeg
97FAB1AB-65EB-4C92-BBC4-41E8FF16D80E.jpeg

Picked up a 4 pack of these for $17, mostly because I noticed they were canned on the 30th of June. It's ok a bit thin but has good aroma. Unfortunately I just drank the sample of the wort I just finished getting into the fermenter and it is to die for. Ekuanot and Mosaic make an amazing combo.

Also I think they forgot the carapils in this one.

PXL_20210709_224821254.jpg

You must of visited Dicey o Riley's
Not yet. These were from Lidl in Donegal town. Loads of beers there Sierra nevada brewdogb whitehag porterhouse and crafty brewing co among others. Good choice.
diceys tomorrow and I will message you if they have any nice ones 👍

That looks great, I think I have all these ingredients with the exception of simcoe and galena.

Out of curiosity why Galena? From what I remember it's the American version of Magnum and not typically use in a DH?
I had read that it could give blackcurrant/spicy/grapefruit character And seemed to have been used in a few stout recipe's son i thought I would give it a try.

092AE32D-DCDB-4613-82C8-6F8314A5BD79.jpeg
GH Yorkshire Bitter (4.1%)

I had forgotten I had a few of these still out in the garage found them whole sorting though a few odds and ends. Looking at my notes I brewed it in in November last year so it has being in their for over Six months. While I don’t think it has improved from when I was drinking it back in January I can’t detect any notable decline either, so seems to be at least fairly shelf stable. It is a tad more carbonated than I remember and I am wondering if it wasn’t quite finished fermenting when I bottled. But still a nice easy drinking bitter which I will finish off in short order,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back