What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Czech amber lager next. I bottled this off the keg weeks ago. It's still tasting fresh
IMG_20210715_212119830.jpg

Would you like a flake in that? Drinking a Hatherwood (Lidl) Ruby Ale.
First few sips I wasn't impressed but it grew on me. Definite toffee after taste, I wish I'd bought two. And two flakes.

hath.jpg

We shared one of these yesterday and one today. Anyone that’s not had them - don’t bother. Disgusting. The golden ale tastes very lager like and like mushy peas 🤢 and other one is just dish water. Waste of money. Home brew rules from now on!
Oh dear that doesn't sound good. I'm with you on the home brew, once you've tasted decent home brew it is difficult to go back to the standard commercial stuff. I do still reckon there are some very good commercial beers but they are a bit harder to find. I'm a bit of a fan of the SALT brewery beers if you get the chance to try them.

Oh dear that doesn't sound good. I'm with you on the home brew, once you've tasted decent home brew it is difficult to go back to the standard commercial stuff. I do still reckon there are some very good commercial beers but they are a bit harder to find. I'm a bit of a fan of the SALT brewery beers if you get the chance to try them.

@DocAnna I had a mosaic single hop by them the other day and it was amazing 🤩

We shared one of these yesterday and one today. Anyone that’s not had them - don’t bother. Disgusting. The golden ale tastes very lager like and like mushy peas 🤢 and other one is just dish water. Waste of money. Home brew rules from now on!

View attachment 50921
View attachment 50922

Each to their own but I think Fullers do some cracking beers. London Pride (on cask especially) is a great drop 🍺

"Pine Rapids Pale" by @pilgrimhudd

20210715_210552.jpg

Make more beer like this please, this is really nice mate 👍🍻

Lovely piney and bitter background, crisp and refreshing, nicely carbed and decent lacing. This is an un-fussy beer that doesn't need lots of fanfare, it's just nice and simple and gets the job done.

I would quite happily have several more of these 👍🍻

pick.jpeg

Porter. Not wild about this. No head at all, although quite carbonated. And it smells, well, interesting. And is certainly far from tasteless. I guess I was expecting a more mouth-feely kinda thing. I am smelling it, and thinking, what does that smell of. But I can't say. I am so bad at this; I'll stop now! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back