What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still in Wales and first off is the AG HPA not long out of the fridge with a tiny bit of chill haze but who cares. Next is a good old Black Country ale from an excellent brewery.
20210718_182559.jpg

Just home from Dorset a day early mum in law in hospital, anyway first proper taste of my first saison 15 days in the keg still cloudy and I still have no clue how one should taste, it is very fruity with a bit of a peppery taste at the end and at 6.3% not a session beer I like it a lot View attachment 51160
Sounds almost perfect Rod, maybe just a little more carbonation? 😉

Hi H it has been sat at 20psi for 10 days
That should be enough. If it’s quite effervescent you’re on point otherwise try a little higher. It might be a question of CO2/beer-line balance - something else to get your head round. See if it becomes more frothy as the keg empties, if your system is not in balance the beer will become more frothy as the level in the keg goes down.

Weihenstephen Vitus. I was expecting big bready malts, dark fruits, rich round melanoidins in the background and lots of clove and banana from their famous yeast strain.
What I’ve got is an excellent hefe on steroids. Fruity wheat aromas on the nose, yeast driven flavour leaning to the phenols but with a good blast of banana coming up behind. Full bodied, fantastic mouthfeel and all round, it’s a great beer. Just not what I was expecting. I’m brewing one next weekend that’s going to be very different, amber in colour and much more malt driven.
F3F0212D-0D89-4CFC-BB6B-FA42249163B4.jpeg

Caravan time!
Got pitched up yesterday, don't know why but too knackered for anything other than bed.

Early run along the coast with some hills thrown in, then beach for the day. In need of rehydration now. First decent drink since traveling to Pembrokeshire.
Brought a couple of Easy Kegs to see me through a few days. Shame I managed to upend this APA just before pouring and disturbed the sediment. Still good though :cool:

rps20210718_192139.jpg

Just came back from there as we were down for an hour but was cold enough and overcast and only 16° whereas it's 20° in Muff.

Sounds like Muff is the place to be ! 😄

I’m a life member of their Diving Club, an interesting 50th birthday present from No.1 son. Especially as I don’t dive.

Had another great day. Over cast most of the day. Children loved the water, it's beer time now
Just back from tullagh bay another lovely beach 10 mins from the house. Time to keg a beer that should have been kegged last week. And having a magic rock dark arts surreal stout. 49p in Tesco fore some reason and you could buy 4 for £6 🤷‍♂️
30112D3F-0780-46B8-BAE7-1A2C83D566B6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back