What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate! OG1051 (ish) but I suspect there was a quite a bit of attenuation because it doesn’t half knock your head off…
Only problem with it from my perspective is that I get a slight aftertaste of what I can only describe as an ‘earwax’ flavour, but nobody else seems to be able to taste it… any ideas?
Pretty solid in the mid-range for ABV? The 1.050's finish pretty low, I would guess. Do you use (OG-FG) X 13.1.25 to figure out ABV?
Diagnosing an aftertaste is really hard without tons of data. The pat response is leaving no residue on equipment to infiltrate the brew, some regard to oxygenation, proper fermentation temp.
The artist is always the harshest critic which is probably how it should be.

First of the caravan beers. (Last night) no bloody phone signal so not sure if this will upload.

Talus pale to start the holiday

Attachments

• 20210724_200056.jpg
    20210724_200056.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 60
So because I’m an impatient cow I wanted to try the flavour of my NEIPA (first go with the Brewzilla). Even though it hasn’t carbonated and there’s no head yet, I’m pretty pleased with it for a first go. Very juicy. There was loads of head when I took the FG though. So I’m putting it down to lack of carbonation time. Time will tell if the flavour sticks around! Thanks to the hubby for being my hand model! 😁

05C887E5-2354-48DD-8D43-0A594F537D07.jpeg

This is the second bottle kindly sent me by @pilgrimhudd, a wheat beer with Simcoe and Amarillo.
Not a style I've brewed or drunk before but it's a hit with me.
Fruity and hazey, lightly carbed with in your face aromas of citrus and melon,
satisfyingly bitter and very quaffable at 6% !
Thanks, one on these is now on my brew list !
IMG_2021-07-25-17-52-16-907.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back