What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Norfolk now but not so sunny!

@obscure asked about draft Woodfordes Wherry last time I was in Norfolk but I didn’t have any more on that trip so I’m pleased to be able to feed back this time.

The beer is a nice golden amber colour, I’d say maybe 14 SRM, and is perfectly clear.

BC810FE1-03E8-4A14-8053-A5FE07DAADEA.jpeg

The off-white head is a rich foam of small and medium sized bubbles that stay the course.

29C696AE-467A-4DB9-9E75-05CEF96669E4.jpeg

Aroma is chiefly sweet caramel malt with a touch of something floral. I know there’s no such aroma as “fresh” but if there were, this has it.

The flavour is also malty though maybe a little more toffee than caramel. There’s a mild citrus fruitiness and maybe just a hint of mint toward the end. The bitterness is quite noticeable but also very smooth and lingers for a good while at the finish. It has good body and probably finished with a fairly high gravity because there is a touch of tackiness on my lips. The beer isn’t sweet particularly but is closer to sweet than dry.

This is the head after 20 minutes, still hanging around.
780D15A2-5D8A-4A18-9912-2DE0341F1394.jpeg

Edit:I should also have noted that it’s 3.8%
6C927ECE-2BA0-4C8B-9FB1-1D29C1E38752.jpeg

Last edited:
Apologies in advance for this, because in truth I am more than three sheets to the wind.

However, I've just come back from a party of old schoolfriends (and their grown-up kids) where I provided all the drinks - I put up 4 cornies: (1) Bohemian Pils; (2) GH London Bitter; (3) summer Gold NZ hopped; (4) Ruby Mild. Everyone was happy, and SO complimentary about the beers - I was really proud, everyone was happy and all the costs have gone towards Macmillan.
Please can I say a heartfelt thanks to all the support and good advice I've had on the forum, without which I would not have been able to do this. You need to be very proud acheers.
Well done @The-Engineer-That-Brews, glad your beers went down well and hope you made a good amount for such a worthwhile cause athumb..

Apologies in advance for this, because in truth I am more than three sheets to the wind.

However, I've just come back from a party of old schoolfriends (and their grown-up kids) where I provided all the drinks - I put up 4 cornies: (1) Bohemian Pils; (2) GH London Bitter; (3) summer Gold NZ hopped; (4) Ruby Mild. Everyone was happy, and SO complimentary about the beers - I was really proud, everyone was happy and all the costs have gone towards Macmillan.
Please can I say a heartfelt thanks to all the support and good advice I've had on the forum, without which I would not have been able to do this. You need to be very proud acheers.
I sense a brewday coming, maybe more than one 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back