What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice refreshing IPA bought from ALDI, not getting the orange and pineapple flavours it claims to have but it's a good drop none the less.
20210808_173140.jpg

In Norfolk now but not so sunny!

@obscure asked about draft Woodfordes Wherry last time I was in Norfolk but I didn’t have any more on that trip so I’m pleased to be able to feed back this time.

The beer is a nice golden amber colour, I’d say maybe 14 SRM, and is perfectly clear.

View attachment 52257

The off-white head is a rich foam of small and medium sized bubbles that stay the course.

View attachment 52258

Aroma is chiefly sweet caramel malt with a touch of something floral. I know there’s no such aroma as “fresh” but if there were, this has it.

The flavour is also malty though maybe a little more toffee than caramel. There’s a mild citrus fruitiness and maybe just a hint of mint toward the end. The bitterness is quite noticeable but also very smooth and lingers for a good while at the finish. It has good body and probably finished with a fairly high gravity because there is a touch of tackiness on my lips. The beer isn’t sweet particularly but is closer to sweet than dry.

This is the head after 20 minutes, still hanging around.
View attachment 52259

Edit:I should also have noted that it’s 3.8%
View attachment 52260
Thanks for the review it’s one of those beers that I know of purely because of it being the standard brew kit so seeing it in the wild certainly made me curious (also it’s nice to see a few breweries still offering sub 4% session beers).

I doubt I would travel just to try it but if I ever see it in a pub on cask I would give it a go.

Apologies in advance for this, because in truth I am more than three sheets to the wind.

However, I've just come back from a party of old schoolfriends (and their grown-up kids) where I provided all the drinks - I put up 4 cornies: (1) Bohemian Pils; (2) GH London Bitter; (3) summer Gold NZ hopped; (4) Ruby Mild. Everyone was happy, and SO complimentary about the beers - I was really proud, everyone was happy and all the costs have gone towards Macmillan.
Please can I say a heartfelt thanks to all the support and good advice I've had on the forum, without which I would not have been able to do this. You need to be very proud acheers.

Well done mate!

4078C284-EB51-4C08-A680-EB92102C2A8B.jpeg

Elusive Spellbinder coffee Porter clone from Malt Miller. It’s been conditioning for around 3 weeks now, thought I’d pop a bottle in the fridge and try it tonight. Surprisingly good, this is my first brew that doesn’t have a ‘home brew’ tang to it. I’ve got a tin of the real stuff in the fridge for a compare and contrast later on.
Also got a 1/2 corny carbonating which I’m trying not to touch for another few weeks.

Tonight a small tester bottle of my own TC.
Back sweetened with 10 ml no sugar added apple cordial. Bottle primed with 1 tsp white sugar per 500ml bottle. Its been bottle conditioned for over 2 weeks.
Very appley and smooth. I shall leave it a while longer.
The next batch is ready to bottle now too. 🍻
Opening vid attached.

Attachments

• 20210808_184938.mp4
    27.5 MB
So last for tonight is another local brewer Andy who I've met through our club and wish him the very best.
PXL_20210809_001621576.MP.jpg

Lacking carbonation but rich and roasted notes coming through mouth feel is a little thin leaving more like a porter taste and feel.Pretty good ATS.

My Summer Tryst Golden Ale, had a bit of fermentation chamber accident with this one and left it at 40c for 3 days with the dry hop in it, aside from poor head retention I think I got away with it. Its hoppy and refreshing with a lower more British level of carbonation than I normally do (so just the right side of slightly flat...). I took a small keg of this along to our village do on Saturday with my friend who had a fairly decent kit IPA with him and we had quite a good night on it.

summer tryst.jpg

So last for tonight is another local brewer Andy who I've met through our club and wish him the very best.
View attachment 52285
Lacking carbonation but rich and roasted notes coming through mouth feel is a little thin leaving more like a porter taste and feel.Pretty good ATS.
Gerry, he has brewed a couple of Specials for Gee's off-licence which are pretty good. A Citra Single & an Neipa. The Citra was lovely i thought. GEES/ROUGH BROTHERS CITRA PALE - Gee's Wine Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back