What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so sorry to hear that asad1 I love my california steaming done a few times now with MJ cali common and on the repeat brew list. usually around April each year when the temps are right.

I've not given up all hope; it's possible patience might win the day. But I'm not holding my breath. I was always pushing my luck at this time of the year.

Bottle of Alpha greek lager and celebrating eldest smashing his GCSE results (6 nines, 4 eights). On the negative side of the equation, he has contracted covid and we can't go home as planned. After a bit of cat and mouse with the authorities we have now installed ourselves in some new digs for another week...think there is a silver lining in here somewhere.

16287774856711233851260.jpg

Bottle of Alpha greek lager and celebrating eldest smashing his GCSE results (6 nines, 4 eights). On the negative side of the equation, he has contracted covid and we can't go home as planned. After a bit of cat and mouse with the authorities we have now installed ourselves in some new digs for another week...think there is a silver lining in here somewhere.

View attachment 52486
We are heading across in a few days time - are you on one of the islands?

Thought I’d ‘quality control‘ the Bloktoberfest while I was at it. Had a failure to carb with the 1L swing top I took on the boozy boys trip last weekend. I’m tempted to say it’s the best beer I’ve brewed to date, but I’ve had 3 pints of summer breeze since I poured the Irish Red. I’ll reassess that in October when it’s serving for real.

Attachments

• E8B69569-29DE-46E7-9B0F-744A39FB9702.jpeg
    E8B69569-29DE-46E7-9B0F-744A39FB9702.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 34
Mosquito American Amber from james Mortons book, first tasting, 3 weeks in bottle, tastes young, piney, resin and a bit nutty? Very nice, could do with a touch more fizz but happy with this! View attachment 52508
Sounds nice😁 fancy American Amber swap?

I'm going to be kegging my latest American Amber this weekend. I used Centennial, Simcoe and a little Amarillo.

Mosquito American Amber from james Mortons book, first tasting, 3 weeks in bottle, tastes young, piney, resin and a bit nutty? Very nice, could do with a touch more fizz but happy with this! View attachment 52508
How did you find it. I brewed it as per recipe earlier this year and it came out IPA bitter rather than Amber Ale bitter. That being said I loved it, and saw the keg off in under a month. I rebrewed since with a revised hop schedule and it was more on-style and equally good.

How did you find it. I brewed it as per recipe earlier this year and it came out IPA bitter rather than Amber Ale bitter. That being said I loved it, and saw the keg off in under a month. I rebrewed since with a revised hop schedule and it was more on-style and equally good.

Oh... I'm not sure, I suppose maybe it is ipa bitter but the maltiness balances it out? I really like it! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back