What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In London with the Mrs. Indian restaurant we are going to is bring your own Alcohol..so got myself some treats for the night
IMG_20210820_161530.jpg

Better than paying £6 a pint of kingfisher 👌🏼

This is Dark Rock AG Tribute to St Austell Tribute five months in the bottle. After severe chilling and pouring into a litre jug the foam eventually settled to produce liquid.Not over primed and not infected but too much like MrWhippy for my liking so I must have messed up somehow. Chickened out half way through for fear of adverse gastric consequences and gone commercial.
20210820_175215.jpg

This is Dark Rock AG Tribute to St Austell Tribute five months in the bottle. After severe chilling and pouring into a litre jug the foam eventually settled to produce liquid.Not over primed and not infected but too much like MrWhippy for my liking so I must have messed up somehow. Chickened out half way through for fear of adverse gastric consequences and gone commercial.View attachment 52987
I wouldn’t worry about a bit of foam Mick, it’s probably just a bit more protein than you might want. It can happen for many reasons but almost none are bad. If it’s a bit “plastic” in structure just scoop it off with a spoon!

If it smells or tastes bad ignore everything I said 😉

I wouldn’t worry about a bit of foam Mick, it’s probably just a bit more protein than you might want. It can happen for many reasons but almost none are bad. If it’s a bit “plastic” in structure just scoop it off with a spoon!

If it smells or tastes bad ignore everything I said 😉
Thanks HW I will report tomorrow if your optimism was unfounded though if so I promise to not be too graphic!

Another excellent beer from @Jim Brewster, a citra dry hopped Weiss. Great hiss on opening the bottle, carbonation is perfect. Big blast of citrusy hops on the nose. Sweet grainy wheat flavours are complimented by balanced phenol and ester notes. Medium hop flavour and bitterness is present, and citra is a great compliment to the wheat malt.
Its a really interesting fusion beer, well brewed and exceptionally drinkable. I like it lot. Cheers again Jim, bottoms up:beer1:
ACB82ABC-228D-40EC-A7DD-CBE801823FE5.jpeg

Setting up for tomorrow’s brew and couldn’t resist an Irish Red. Shouldn’t be drinking this, I’ve 10 mates coming over for steak and home brew next weekend and I reckon there’s a total of 40L of beer in the kegerator. Going to have to get some reserves in.

Attachments

• CE8FAEF2-7437-493D-8756-5F55CB08E311.jpeg
    CE8FAEF2-7437-493D-8756-5F55CB08E311.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 29
Kegged this Simcoe and Citra pale ale nearly a month ago and now well conditioned.
Been neglecting my brewing recently with a lot else on my plate but will be back on it when I get back from
a fortnight in deepest Cornwall - got a few supplies to take though !
View attachment 53002
Citra simcoe is lovely, add some mosaic and it's my go to ipa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back