What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall that Exmoor Gold was one of the earliest beers of its type in Britain and that the label proclaims that. Beautiful sunset and here is last night's near Machynlleth.View attachment 53959
Aye, generally regarded as the first of the 80's revival British golden ales. Not a bad drop at all.

Another from Verdant, Headband pale ale.
Citra, Mosaic, Chinook and Columbus with
Munich and Crystal malts - very quaffable orangey hop bomb.
IMG_2021-09-07-19-05-57-385~2.jpg

Hi Mick I am in Somerset near Watchet Doniford bay, I have had jail ale and it really is a good ale the last 3 beers I have posted are local ales to the southwest but the crispy pig is not for me, going to Wells tomorrow let’s see what I can find there 👍

So I did this, I'm not proud of it, except I sort of am and about 20 Pints of it got guzzled at a party on Saturday so its a crowd pleaser. I used Strawberry Silk Sheets from Wolf brewing as the base recipe, brewday was a mare, stuck mash, stuck Sparge, water volume all to pot...but it came out okay in the end.

It tastes exactly like it sounds Strawberry Nesquik Beer...which is not as bad as it sounds I promise....

Strawberry Milkshake IPA.jpg

Last edited:
First taste of an IPA based on nick90's recipe, I bottled some with extra dry-hopping, which I marked with an H on the crown cop, and am now drinking. And I'm looking at he colour, and thinking, is that oxidised like people keep talking about, but it tastes all right to me, and then I go back to the recipe and have a look, and see the amount of crystal malt, and think, yeah, that colour doesn't look unreasonable, but then finally think, yeah, it's all good then! So thanks, nick! 😃

So I did this, I'm not proud of it, except I sort of am and about 20 Pints of it got guzzled at a party on Saturday so its a crowd pleaser. I used Strawberry Silk Sheets from Wolf brewing as the base recipe, brewday was a mare, stuck mash, stuck Sparge, water volume all to pot...but it came out okay in the end.

It tastes exactly like it sounds Strawberry Nesquik Beer...which is not as bad as it sounds I promise....

View attachment 53962

I would drink that all day! 😬

Sat in the back garden, listening to the Wedding Present, reading "Additives Adulterants and Contaminants in Beer (Patton), enjoying the last of the sun and perhaps the last of the summer?

First up, my 'Golden' California Common. Still too young, has a funny yeast bite. I think. Might be something else - I tend to get it in very light beers sometimes. Ignore the weeds. I am.

IMG_20210908_181038.jpg

So myself and the hubby have rejoined Beer 52. First order arrived today. We have just tried this, and it was so disgusting I gave my half to Jim. Really peculiar taste and not the colour I was expecting.

B0360BB2-8D8C-4CED-858E-2ADB0E1CE30E.jpeg

My son offered me a shot of his posh vodka instead, which is absolutely amazing! Tastes just like those barley sugar sweets I used to have when I was little. Put a drop of lemonade in though as I can’t do straight vodka! 😬😍

3DF6AC71-477E-41FD-8D71-5E87C90BAC8A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back