What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally continental drinks today, first up this very good wheat beer
20210917_195445.jpg

Then this lovely dark Belgian
20210918_171035.jpg

Had some Moulson-Coors vouchers but then couldn't find many of their brands in Tesco - no Sharp's, Blue Moon sold out, so I got some Cobras and Aspall cider.
This is nice and low carbonated, haven't had cider for ages.. free as well 😃😃

It's quite nice, but I can't help finding cider very 1 dimensional compared to beer. I feel the same about wine too!
IMG_20210918_195141502.jpg

Last edited:
Two I had last night...

My AG#76 Hefeweizen
20210917_213947.jpg

Only kegged this a few days ago so it might not be fully carbonated yet, but it's already very "foam positive" to say the least (it's hooked up to my higher pressure line so might need to experiment with a longer length of 3/16" pipe from the keg to the tap). That aside I'm really pleased with it - there's a nice hint of clove that's not too overpowering with a subtle banana backnote, which takes me straight back to the many many Weizen's I've had in Germany across the years.

Elusive Brewing "Oregon Trail" West Coast IPA, 5.8% ABV
20210917_230025.jpg

One of several beers I picked up the other day by Elusive just up the road from me. I've been looking forward to trying this - it's objectively a good beer for sure but goodness me it's intense! It's got the piney-resin thing going in spades, even verging in to cattiness perhaps. I like bitterness and I like hops but I've got to say I couldn't drink many of these.

Finished off with this neipa. Not my favourite. Originally tasted too sweet which turned to tanginess. Think it wad from the hops and slightly over carbed.

Attachments

• 20210918_204718.jpg
    20210918_204718.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 22
Nice, is that the Pete Tong thing?
Was thinking about going when it was in Newmarket but never got round to it
Similar to the Pete tong one. A few different DJ’s with Dave Pearce ending the night. A fantastic night with the classical orchestra really belting out the tunes. We danced like we were 20. Feeling it this morning though legs like jelly lol.

I have Googled 'Ellon' as I didn't know it either.
It's in sunny Aberdeenshire, Scotland;
The Brew dog brewery tap is TripAdvisor no1 thing to do in Ellon! Looks to have a lovely grey Tolquon castle too.
Looks a lot more pleasant than the only place I know around their, having worked in the papermill at Stoneywood, Dyce 18 miles down the A90.
The River Don is lovely there though.
🤔 No 1 thing to do ?
Probably the o ly thing to do in Ellon 🤣😂
I found lately BrewDog stuff is becoming bland and a lack of taste where other companies are having better choice and taste.

🤔 No 1 thing to do ?
Probably the o ly thing to do in Ellon 🤣😂
I found lately BrewDog stuff is becoming bland and a lack of taste where other companies are having better choice and taste.
I had a tin of Punk IPA yesterday, and it was unrecognisable from my memory of it.... Hope the Dead Pony Club and Elvis Juice haven't suffered a similar fate.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back