What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2days in the keg Red rose bitter very young and fresh but very drinkable
C592BF7E-6ECC-4BC2-A19F-6C8916724573.jpeg
4BE19D18-0FFF-4B77-ABE4-7CAA7E7F351A.jpeg

After a late start yesterday I’m making up for it today.

This is a new glass, a gift from @dave_77 for giving him the odd lift home after a few beers - he calls all times of the day and night 😂

It seems only fitting (I was joking about Dave calling for a lift BTW) that it’s first use is with a beer from the man himself. This is Dave’s 5.8% Trappist Single.

The beer is crystal clear, a lovely golden yellow colour, and is well carbonated. The white head started quite fluffy and settled after a couple of minutes to a light raft covering the beer and drifting up the edges of the glass. A constant flow of tiny bubbles streaming to the surface keeping the head alive.

180B2D1E-1E40-4767-925D-781E03DE5745.jpeg

The aroma is slightly sweet malt and typically Belgian esters, more toward banana than clove. There’s also a clean fresh noble hop aroma in the background and maybe a hint of apple.

The flavour is beautiful, clean, and bright. The first thing to hit my palate is a smooth bitterness. As the beer warms in my mouth I taste banana then the full hit of Belgian esters and just a hint of citrus zing I wasn’t expecting from the aroma - but is nice. As I swallow I become aware of a little alcohol but it’s not at all strong and certainly not hot. A moment later the flavour is all about the malt, the lovely and distinctive taste of white bread-crust. At the end the malt fades to a soft bitterness that is different to the start - the initial bitterness is like an excited puppy doing the wall of death around the room, this is more your faithful friend lying by your side. The finish is dry with no residual sweetness and no tackiness on the lips.

I really enjoyed this beer, it’s very well made and I think it may be the best home-brewed beer in this style I’ve ever had, including my own.

Thank you Dave, great job mate! 👏👏👏

[Apologies for the length of this post, I enjoyed this beer 🤷‍♂️].

This is a new glass, a gift from @dave_77 for giving him the odd lift home after a few beers - he calls all times of the day and night 😂

It seems only fitting (I was joking about Dave calling for a lift BTW) that it’s first use is with a beer from the man himself. This is Dave’s 5.8% Trappist Single.

The beer is crystal clear, a lovely golden yellow colour, and is well carbonated. The white head started quite fluffy and settled after a couple of minutes to a light raft covering the beer and drifting up the edges of the glass. A constant flow of tiny bubbles streaming to the surface keeping the head alive.

View attachment 54449

The aroma is slightly sweet malt and typically Belgian esters, more toward banana than clove. There’s also a clean fresh noble hop aroma in the background and maybe a hint of apple.

The flavour is beautiful, clean, and bright. The first thing to hit my palate is a smooth bitterness. As the beer warms in my mouth I taste banana then the full hit of Belgian esters and just a hint of citrus zing I wasn’t expecting from the aroma - but is nice. As I swallow I become aware of a little alcohol but it’s not at all strong and certainly not hot. A moment later the flavour is all about the malt, the lovely and distinctive taste of white bread-crust. At the end the malt fades to a soft bitterness that is different to the start - the initial bitterness is like an excited puppy doing the wall of death around the room, this is more your faithful friend lying by your side. The finish is dry with no residual sweetness and no tackiness on the lips.

I really enjoyed this beer, it’s very well made and I think it may be the best home-brewed beer in this style I’ve ever had, including my own.

I had this beer the other night. I didn't get a chance to write a review. Lovely beer 👏

image.jpg
Bristol Beer Factory Milk Stout

While the beer is great I am still slightly annoyed by the use of plastic labels on the bottles, (I am needing some new ones and they are the perfect size but plastic labels are a pain to remove compared to paper which just scrape right off).

View attachment 54449

Thanks for the detailed comments 👍🏼 I'm glad you enjoyed it. Only changed the yeast on this version and I'm happy with the improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back