What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have, perhaps, but there's no need now. The Wise One understands these matters fully. She'll never make a session drinker. Not on pints of Belgian trippel, but she does like a beer.
Sounds like my kind of buddy! If you venture over to Kent you’re both very welcome to pop in for a few ;)

Stout next. I think I might brew another batch of this tomorrow and another batch of Summer Breeze on Wednesday.

BEF09FC0-2285-49E0-93F5-5107F9E47ADA.jpeg

Tonight I’m starting with a guest ale from @LisaMC This is her 4.6% Passion fruit Gose.

In appearance it’s a light golden yellow at around 6-8 SRM, and hazy. Carbonation is as it should be for the style resulting in a good sized white head made up of tightly packed small to medium sized bubbles. The head collapsed fairly quickly to a persistent light covering over the surface of the beer and a thicker ring of bubbles around the glass.

9077BA96-D7C9-4162-8A4C-1CBB655EDCDB.jpeg
9D7ED267-FF3D-4AD0-81CC-3938E74EFFC9.jpeg

The aroma is unmistakably passion fruit and maybe a hint of peach. Coriander is noticeable together with a tart lemon zing. The malt character is quite subtle and is like doughy white bread (not the crust).

The flavour is passion fruit and zingy lemon. The sourness is quite assertive but certainly not excessive, it makes your mouth water. It’s some time later that the bready malt starts to come through and some time after that there is a mild spicy finish from the coriander. There’s no obvious saltiness to the beer, just a hint and there’s no perceivable bitterness, the beer finishes clean and dry. I’m not getting any off-flavours from this beer and there’s no question of oxidation (I know you were worried about this Lisa).

My overall impression is of a very fruity, very fresh, medium bodied, sour beer that is well made and very enjoyable. For my taste perhaps just a tad more salt but I should also say I ladle the stuff on my dinner so I’m perhaps not the best judge in this regard ;)

I really enjoyed it, thank you! 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back