What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it coarse fishing that you do @Clint ? I used to fly fish quite a lot but haven't gotten back to it in years.
I do a bit of all sorts but mainly carp. It's the only time I get any mental rest. Time to just think of fishing...and plot tomorrow night...got some friends round for a few half's and a curry. I've already started the curry.

Dusting off Kristoff the surprisingly good fixer upper beer for an early drowning of sorrows while I cook honey and mustard glazed gammon for tea tonight. Sadly I’m going to have to do academic work all weekend so this is taking a bit of an evening to draw breath.
336D7B17-F856-4192-8877-056D35798CCA.jpeg

IMG_20211008_181433.jpg

I'm trying the 'Pilsner' too, or more accurately a Czechish pale ale with Saaz.
My last try of it, when it really was too immature, I said I wasn't all that impressed.
But given the extra week, it's definitely improving.
I also had a think and realised Budvar and it's like are served a bit chilled.
So I've done that as well and it tones down the Maris Otter fullness, and the too few hops seem to come through better.
I'll leave it a bit longer and hope it improves some more!

I do a bit of all sorts but mainly carp. It's the only time I get any mental rest. Time to just think of fishing...and plot tomorrow night...got some friends round for a few half's and a curry. I've already started the curry.
Are you sure the letters are in the correct order there?
"I do a bit of all sorts but mainly CARP fishing"

So we’ve just taken the dog to the vets and now we are stupid early for picking my son up from getting off the bus from work. So I’m sat here in the car outside the bus depot with a face on while we wait for the damn bus, which is delaying the beer drinking. Will post what we’re having to drink soon I hope, but in the meantime, here is a picture of the offending depot! 🙄🙈

F7EAFD97-46D2-4774-8942-C73916654DFA.jpeg

Happy Friday - nearly!

View attachment 55419
I'm trying the 'Pilsner' too, or more accurately a Czechish pale ale with Saaz.
My last try of it, when it really was too immature, I said I wasn't all that impressed.
But given the extra week, it's definitely improving.
I also had a think and realised Budvar and it's like are served a bit chilled.
So I've done that as well and it tones down the Maris Otter fullness, and the too few hops seem to come through better.
I'll leave it a bit longer and hope it improves some more!

I thought you were on the QC lol 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back