What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First glass of a batch of blackberry stout. It's alright but I'm not blown away. They worked much better in the wheat beer I think it's because it had more body being 30% Munich
IMG_20211015_160303207.jpg

First glass of a batch of blackberry stout. It's alright but I'm not blown away. They worked much better in the wheat beer I think it's because it had more body being 30% Munich
View attachment 55779
Hopefully it will improve with time? Reminds me that I have a few bottles of blackberry flavoured beer I brewed that need tasting....and some blackberry wine I should check to see if it's ready to bottle🍻

View attachment 55779
You might be able to lift it with a little lactose, I think sometimes fruit works better with just a little extra sweetness. You could always try a little in a pint?

I'm drinking my "Fail Ale". It originally was going to be a German Pilsner, but the Lager yeasts didn't make it through shipping from the brew shop. In hindsight, buying the last in stock of yeast was not a good idea. After a few days of zero activity with the lager yeast in the fermenter, I (over) pitched with a couple packs of US-05 for a rescue.

All Bohemian Pilsner malt, Tettnang and Hallertauer Hersbrucker at 36 IBU. 5.5% ABV and crystal clear after some lagering. Tastes good albeit a bit more attenuated than I generally go for.

IMG_7136.JPG

Crushing the grain for tomorrow’s brew and when I opened the fridge this fell out. There was no room to put it back in so I opened it. This is a lovely beer. Lots of fruity aroma from the hops and that dry tart taste from the Brett. Even better as it was free from the brewer.
6889B5B7-7EEB-48CF-ADD0-582E92AF5D92.jpeg

Grains all crushed and back inside on the gin. Belly down by 2 inches. 2 more weeks of “no” beer left. 🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back