What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another belter courtesy of the Brewdog guest beers - Black Ballerina from Pùhaste Brewery
imgly_7681412456557554273.jpg

View attachment 57159
Irish Red Ale

This was made with a CML all grain kit and has come out very nicely, I am still surprised how strongly the honey comes through in this. It also doesn't seem to take that long to condition, it has only had a couple of weeks in the bottle and is already very drinkable.
That sounds good, I like an Irish red ale but hard to find commercially

That Red looks great! You've reminded of a Red I brewed a few months back; I think I'm going to have to revisit that brew. Here's mine from a while back.

PXL_20210728_223333141.jpg

The current Helles, brewed with Lallemand Diamond Lager yeast instead of the usual Wy2308. Anyone used it before?
I’m getting an estery flavour that’s heading towards pear drops and I’m not sure I like it. Thankfully, I’ve got a new sachet of 2308 in to see me through next load of brews.

16D6E4C7-7FA8-4FE3-8BF7-141AA332B6ED.jpeg

The current Helles, brewed with Lallemand Diamond Lager yeast instead of the usual Wy2308. Anyone used it before?
I’m getting an estery flavour that’s heading towards pear drops and I’m not sure I like it. Thankfully, I’ve got a new sachet of 2308 in to see me through next load of brews.

View attachment 57180

Never tried a helles but it's on my list. I'm leaning towards German lagers with my tastes, as well as hoppy stuff.

Never tried a helles but it's on my list. I'm leaning towards German lagers with my tastes, as well as hoppy stuff.

Here’s the original recipe, I’ll be sticking to that from now on!
Obviously, the fermentation temp wasn’t 18C, I’m very traditional in my lager brewing.

Attachments

• Helles Belles.pdf
    863.4 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back