What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The husband is very cross about this, and the son will be as well when he eventually surfaces from upstairs lol

He is very superstitious and he always insists on drinking from his Liverpool mug when they are playing, cos if he doesn't then they lose. However this morning I was using it. I asked him if he wanted it and he said no, it's silly that I do that.

Now he wishes he had used it! 😂

After a night off, I'm back.
English Bitter brewed 11th Oct.
IMG_20211107_182540.jpg

Got to say, for a user-upper it's one tasty bitter. Not quite fully cleared, but far better than 5 days ago after casking up.
Unfortunately due to the limited amount of base malt (1266g), I only made 10.5L at OG1037, on pouring tonight measured as finished at FG1003. So 4.5%.
SWMBO'D just enquired as to why my hydrometer's in HER broccoli colander,
"to safely pour your beer into your glass from the FG measuring cylinder, of course" replied I.
Somehow my reply failed to impress.
Some people are just so difficult to please!

Steigl ‘Columbus’
Quite a surprise and very nice too. Sort of a sophisticated take on a US style IPA but with a good noble hop character, anchored by a restrained slightly lemony acidity.
It’s a bit like ‘Anarchy in the UK’ being played softly by a string quartet in a big room with chandeliers and waiters offering trays of Ferraro Rocher 🤣
I’d recommend this if you can track it down.
View attachment 57240
Agreed,
Pretty sure I've had this in my Beer52 selections.
Also pretty sure there's one or two of them in the garage, chilling.
Tasty prospect. 🍻👍

I was going to chuck this; it's a California Common, but with the crystal malt portion subbed for caramalt. It had the dreaded bitter / astringent taste I was getting. However, it's conditioned out (mostly) which is interesting. I'm assuming that rules out an infection (I condition at 12°c). The plot thickens.

Tastes ok, actually ;)

IMG_20211107_220242.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back