What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a very average quick
20211113_185610.jpg
pint in pub before picking up an excellent Indian takeaway and back to an even quicker glass of AG Yorkshire Bitter which by comparison was nectar!

@Hazelwood Brewery I need some advice. My IPAs are not as hoppy as I would like. Maybe other brewer's can add to this but what is the standard hoppage for an IPA. I am around the 200-300g mark
I’m still learning myself! 200-300g does sound about right to me. The stuff I learned was basically a big hopstand at 90C for 20 mins using hops with lots of Thiol precursors (eg cascade, simcoe, citra), same kind of hops in the fermenter on day 0, use yeast(s) that maximise bio transformation (verdant/bry-97). By all means review the learning I summarised in my brewday thread (posts 1444-1470).

American amber is similar to a black IPA. People's perception of the style can vary. I like a nice malty back bone with notes of toffee and Carmel with a good hop aroma and flavor. Some American amber's are not to far away from a hoppy red ale, the one I sent as you said is the opposite end of the scale. It's too close to a hoppy brown ale.
I like something in between as regards to colour and clarity. I used Pia yeast which is not the best If your looking for a clear beer
Yes PIA, I like the attenuation and mouthfeel of that yeast but only looks good in hazy pales/IPA ...just stays hazy for ages.

I’m still learning myself! 200-300g does sound about right to me. The stuff I learned was basically a big hopstand at 90C for 20 mins using hops with lots of Thiol precursors (eg cascade, simcoe, citra), same kind of hops in the fermenter on day 0, use yeast(s) that maximise bio transformation (verdant/bry-97). By all means review the learning I summarised in my brewday thread (posts 1444-1470).
I am brewing tomorrow a hazy pale/IPA. It will be citra, Simcoe and talus probably around 300g for 19 litres in the keg. Verdant IPA yeast. I will report back on how I get on. I am considering keg hopping

Parsnip stout from @moto748 , bad pour, sorry.

Lovely pitch black, fruity aroma. tastewise, its lovely but a slight tart aftertaste, not sure if i liked the last one better but it's still great, thanks for sharing!
View attachment 57605
Parsnips and stout! Two particular favourites of mine. Messaging @moto748. Recipe please, I missed that brew day post

IMG_20211113_230644.jpg

Late to the party tonight.
I've been driving.
My Hoppy Pale Ale of Kent.
Still good, thankfully.
I took family to see this:
IMG_20211113_210819.jpg

IMG_20211113_210821.jpg
IMG_20211113_210946.jpg

IMG_20211113_210948.jpg

Our daughter taking part in a charity 'Strictly' competition, judged by professional dance instructors.
She won both dances, and the evening's competition overall.
One proud father.
The male professional choreographed and accompanied all nine ladies in two dances each.
They did a matinée as well,
so he performed 36 dances in the day!
And all for charity. 👍💃🕺

View attachment 57608
Late to the party tonight.
I've been driving.
My Hoppy Pale Ale of Kent.
Still good, thankfully.
I took family to see this:
View attachment 57612

View attachment 57611View attachment 57610

View attachment 57609

Our daughter taking part in a charity 'Strictly' competition, judged by professional dance instructors.
She won both dances, and the evening's competition overall.
One proud father.
The male professional choreographed and accompanied all nine ladies in two dances each.
They did a matinée as well,
so he performed 36 dances in the day!
And all for charity. 👍💃🕺
Wow, fantastic dancing and huge congratulations. That’s a serious workout. You have every right to be proud.

I had a Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA earlier, Enjoyed a couple of Mangrove Jacks Australian Pale Ales since. The Australian Pale Ale is lovely.

Attachments

• F3D02B0B-5882-45A8-82C1-2B30FE5A4F65.jpeg
    F3D02B0B-5882-45A8-82C1-2B30FE5A4F65.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 13
I am brewing tomorrow a hazy pale/IPA. It will be citra, Simcoe and talus probably around 300g for 19 litres in the keg. Verdant IPA yeast. I will report back on how I get on. I am considering keg hopping
Put 7-10 g per litre of the fermenter volume in the dry hop and what ever is left use in the whirlpool. Close transfer if you can and cross everything and hop you have minimised O2 exposure 😁

TNT IPA by a local brewery, much nicer than I remember, sweet yet bitter with a citrus aroma. Looks good too.

Enjoyed one of those when I was done your way earlier this year - very tasty.
There was a beer token on the paper wrapper redeemable at the brewery on an old mine site - next year I'll go check them out !

Enjoyed one of those when I was done your way earlier this year - very tasty.
There was a beer token on the paper wrapper redeemable at the brewery on an old mine site - next year I'll go check them out !

It could be my taste of course but I think they have really improved, their oatmeal stout is really excellent. I believe they share their equipment with Treen Brewery who seem to do more bitters and ESB's. The kennel valley is a nice little walk out the back of ponsanooth, through the old dynamite works too .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back