What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to ‘tidy up’ the indoor beer fridge. Sabro hopped hazy, Full marks for the hops, it’s like a beery pina colada. Mouthfeel a bit lacking, but very enjoyable none the less. View attachment 57871
Hi, can I ask a question about the hop character, please.
Charles Faram hops did say Sabro has coconut in its flavour profile but it has disappeared off their list now. Other searches also mention it.
I only like it if it's the fresh flesh out of the shell, personally knocked off the shy if poss.
Sweetened dessicated Bounty flavour is a Big Yeuk!
So do me a favour and tell me if it does and what it's like. 🙏
So that,
1. I know if I'm likely to buy one in a pub/can.
2. If it's ever worth me buying some Sabro to brew with.

3rd bottle of my Weizenbock. Carbonation is spot on with tonights one. Banana-tastic, big toasty malts and a bit of wheat sweetness coming through in the background. It’s glorious. I’ll rebrew it in the winter, it’ll be easier to keep fermentation temp around the 20C mark to get more phenols coming through. And I’ll batch prime more carefully at bottling.
71135D9C-BA56-42E3-BFA9-76DBB6AB36F6.jpeg

3rd bottle of my Weizenbock. Carbonation is spot on with tonights one. Banana-tastic, big toasty malts and a bit of wheat sweetness coming through in the background. It’s glorious. I’ll rebrew it in the winter, it’ll be easier to keep fermentation temp around the 20C mark to get more phenols coming through. And I’ll batch prime more carefully at bottling.
View attachment 57883

Oooooh banana!!!!

I really like banana! Banana yeah! Banana Yeah! Banana YEAH!

Hi, can I ask a question about the hop character, please.
Charles Faram hops did say Sabro has coconut in its flavour profile but it has disappeared off their list now. Other searches also mention it.
I only like it if it's the fresh flesh out of the shell, personally knocked off the shy if poss.
Sweetened dessicated Bounty flavour is a Big Yeuk!
So do me a favour and tell me if it does and what it's like. 🙏
So that,
1. I know if I'm likely to buy one in a pub/can.
2. If it's ever worth me buying some Sabro to brew with.
It definitely invokes coconut flavours. Partner it with Bru-1 and you will get Pina Colada in spades if that’s your thing. I’m sure the usual Beer Hawk and the other usual suspects online will have sabro heavy NEIPAs etc in their range. You should grab some and see what you think of them. That particular can came from Beer52.
I tend to brew more ‘West Coast’ style American IPAs so I can’t see myself adding it to the hop stockpile, but I do enjoy drinking tropical fruity hazy’s when the opportunity arises.

What's your real name then,
Moses?
(For others, it's a child's funny poem, with that name in it to rhyme with roses, no racial or religious connotation involved.
I can give the full harmless rhyme if needed.)
Oh, the clamour is deafening - all right then;

Moses supposes his toesies are posies, but Moses supposes erroneously;
For nobodies toesies are posies of roses,
as Moses supposes his toesies to be!

P.S. Not even @Hazelwood Brewery

Oh, the clamour is deafening - all right then;

Moses supposes his toesies are posies, but Moses supposes erroneously;
For nobodies toesies are posies of roses,
as Moses supposes his toesies to be!

P.S. Not even @Hazelwood Brewery

I'm crying - thank you!!! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

That deserves a second banana video, no excuses, this is bonkers, banana beanie!!!

It definitely invokes coconut flavours. Partner it with Bru-1 and you will get Pina Colada in spades if that’s your thing. I’m sure the usual Beer Hawk and the other usual suspects online will have sabro heavy NEIPAs etc in their range. You should grab some and see what you think of them. That particular can came from Beer52.
I tend to brew more ‘West Coast’ style American IPAs so I can’t see myself adding it to the hop stockpile, but I do enjoy drinking tropical fruity hazy’s when the opportunity arises.
Thanks so much for that.
Pina Colada?
No thank you!
Make mine a Mojito please.
Or even our more recent favourite,
Pisco sour, after our 40th anniversary trip to Peru pre-Covid.
First experienced in the bar at Gran Hotel Bolivar, central Lima.

I think it's possible I have the Beer52 Sabro beer, now that you mention it, in a can sitting at the bottom of the pile of boxes in the garage.
I must hunt it out now!
Or soon anyway, and give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back