What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I get some of these Kinnegar beers?
Peripherally related to acquiring a desired beer: there's this awesome beer I've been getting nearby. They have ten or twenty cases of it and the owner was worried that it wouldn't ever sell. The beer in question is INCREDIBLE. Anyone asks me, I say it tastes like vomit. It's the only place I know that carries it and I want it all to myself.
I am a bad person and I'm okay with that.

I’ve spent the afternoon sweeping up two wheelie-bin loads of leaves so I think I deserve a beer after that. Summer Breeze. Happy Friday folks 🥳

124BEE25-B83D-489D-AFC4-0E3F5B71FCE8.jpeg

Dark Rocks café espresso stout bottled 4 weeks ago. Really nice, very little carbination and no head retention. Do you think the carbination and head retention will get better the longer I leave it? View attachment 57895
It depends what temperature you’ve been storing it. If it’s been in the garage then it might carbonate more (bring it into the house for a few days to speed things up). If it’s been at room temperature all that time it’s probably as carbonated as it’s going to get - you can add more priming sugar but make sure if you do that you dissolve the sugar in a little boiled water or the sugar granules will cause a mini Vesuvius when you drop them in.

Next up for me is a raspberry sour. Well I have to admit it’s all raspberry and sour so it kind of meets the brief. I’m a little bit on the fence with it though, it’s almost too fruity to be a beer. It’s a bit darker than in the picture - the wonders of a little backlighting!

View attachment 57896
I've only tried one sour and need more to better judge the style, but from that experience I think possibly there not for me?

Stouts are going to take longer to carb so I'd wait it out, keep it warmer as mentioned.
It looks okay in the photo so I'd leave the sugar addition as a last resort.
I had literally just poured it but all the head went after a couple of minutes

I’ve spent the afternoon sweeping up two wheelie-bin loads of leaves so I think I deserve a beer after that. Summer Breeze. Happy Friday folks 🥳

View attachment 57894
Enjoy, you do deserve it!
So much more conscientious than those who just use leaf blowers, don’t gather them up and block the kerbside drains, or make them 'somebody else's' problem.
Autumn Friday rant over - must need a beer!
When I'm home I shall.

I thought I was starting early but you guys have me Lol

A pint of Shed Head to start the evening in a delightful little bistro in Shipton still, a delightfully easy drinking APA with light maltiness, me likee 😁
Yeh 5.6% was probably a bit much for the first of the day😴😴

I've only tried one sour and need more to better judge the style, but from that experience I think possibly there not for me?
I feel I should like them but often struggle with commercial sours finding them too sour, some actually hurt! This one (made with Philly sour yeast) isn’t like that at all, it’s a nice tart sour rather than a spiteful harsh sour.

I feel I should like them but often struggle with commercial sours finding them too sour, some actually hurt! This one (made with Philly sour yeast) isn’t like that at all, it’s a nice tart sour rather than a spiteful harsh sour.
I am not a sour fan at all, I appreciate the skill in brewing one
Maybe when I get older my taste might change 😉

Next up for me is a raspberry sour. Well I have to admit it’s all raspberry and sour so it kind of meets the brief. I’m a little bit on the fence with it though, it’s almost too fruity to be a beer. It’s a bit darker than in the picture - the wonders of a little backlighting!

View attachment 57896

I thought the same about mine. My husband says I always add things to make the beer less 'beery' 😂 😂 😂

I would like a bottle swap to try yours sounds like it may be more subtle, this was a homebrewed version at a beer club and everyone else was giving it rave reviews, the guy was a professional brewer previously and the guys present were mostly judges in beer comps, anything else I try would be a commercial version, but my face was screwed up in a sherbert sort of way. Nearly spat it out Lol
Apparently there are two ways of souring the beer and one leaves a live bacteria, I think that gave me a bad stomach for days after as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back