What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the working week out with a Bengal Lancer.
Quite partial to one of these, sure they're not quite as strong as they used to be though.

IMG_2021-11-19-19-39-22-030.jpg

Went out to brew a stout. Weighed out all the grains and put 5 kg into the bulldog mill. Went to the van for the drill and had a dooohhhh moment. Left my van at my mothers after a half day at work and went for lunch and pints with the wife. Now I have 7.5kg of malt sitting un crushed and 35l of 70degree water that will have to go cold and get heated again tomorrow 😡 I have another drill but the battery takes 30min to charge and lasts for 3 mins.
consoling myself with a few pints of what I thought was a beer to be poured out as it had a cream corn taste. 3 months in the keg and it’s very drinkable. A bit sweet due to a dodgy hop pairing and pitching on top of the turb from an esb but it’s not a bad pint now.View attachment 57931
Ah, don't s**t happen?
It's like the saying, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans".
And after all, "It's very drinkable" is what we're all about in the end.
What was that hop pairing by the way?
Nothing wrong with pitching on top of an ESB trub in my book.
🍻

Ah, don't s**t happen?
It's like the saying, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans".
And after all, "It's very drinkable" is what we're all about in the end.
What was that hop pairing by the way?
Nothing wrong with pitching on top of an ESB trub in my book.
🍻
There is when your brewing an American ipa.
it has all the useruper hops I had left.
magnum
Zeus
Bramling cross
Chinook
Came out at 7.8% and was a sin to waste.

Last edited:
I have been dropping hints about Christmas gifts. My glassware is an embarrassment. Function without form 🤣

I am considering new glass, my pint glasses are fine, but they have been 'used' and are no longer really capable of being cleaned and polished to the point where they are suitable for truly excellent presentation of beer.

Anyone got any recommendations for really good quality beer glass?

Penultimate bottle of a belgian pale kit to finish. Wasn't sure whether to be take the time to bottle as the fermentation went on and on and the sample was very butterscotch indeed. Time has been it's friend though and whilst it's not appropriate for the season, it's very palatable now.
DSC_1153~2.JPG

I am considering new glass, my pint glasses are fine, but they have been 'used' and are no longer really capable of being cleaned and polished to the point where they are suitable for truly excellent presentation of beer.

Anyone got any recommendations for really good quality beer glass?
I got some off cooking life.eu. Lots of branded glasses. And decent price.

Penultimate bottle of a belgian pale kit to finish. Wasn't sure whether to be take the time to bottle as the fermentation went on and on and the sample was very butterscotch indeed. Time has been it's friend though and whilst it's not appropriate for the season, it's very palatable now.
View attachment 57942
Time heals all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back