What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vienna lager this time, from a bottle to be on the safe side.
81E8B7EA-3CA1-4D6C-A722-BFEF097041D8.jpeg

Morrisons purchase....I have to say average at best.
I will admit soft low bitterness beers are not really my thing, but I still enjoy a well hopped NEIPA that smashes you in the face with flavour. Hmm....
This is soft and has a promising aroma. Flavour did improve as it warmed a little, but really it's pretty pants. Soft, thin feeling with no bitterness and pretty bland hop flavours and without any bitterness it leaves it lacking.
IMG_20211119_213032.jpg

View attachment 57948
My finisher is a small Exmoor Gold.
Good lord, this beer is getting better by the week.
Good thing there are two unstarted polypins in the garage, a 5L and a 10L.
What a lovely prospect.
IMG_20211119_212742.jpg

I know that this will sound pretentious, but:
I brewed this with two vintages of hops from a local farmer's hedge.
Probably East Kent Goldings, as it was previously a hop farm.
I can taste the difference between them!
This year's one are more 'etherial' than last year's (I did warn you this was probably going to be pretentious).

IMG_20210926_190224_1.jpg

I am used to the flavour profile of last year's, and these are different.
Even used in combination.
It was locally a damp cold and then chill windy Summer, so frankly I'm not surprised.
But who am I trying to kid with this self fulfilling prophesy?
Well, me for one!

DSC_0056.JPG

First go at a coffee and pumpkin ale. Only kegged it four days ago and the recipe said to secondary it for a week so I am hoping the coffee, nutmeg and cinnamon will become more pronounced. Really don't expect too much from the (fooking 2.7kg) of fresh pumpkin that went into it. Time will tell 🙄

Had a few pints of Mangrove Jack's Bavarian Wheat from my mini keg last night. It was already lovely when I had the first bottle a couple of weeks ago but has improved in that time so much. Don't think the keg will last long!

What surprised me though, when kegging/bottling the Bavarian Wheat, was how dark it is compared to other similar wheats/whits/weissbiers. Would definitely do this kit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back