What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a few mild's to get through as my stock is building up fast and the mild is the oldest. Was slightly over carbed but the dextrin malt has done what it is supposed to do.
001.JPG 004.JPG

May have to resort to an early beer today. The whole street’s electricity is off, and I can’t even make a cup of tea. We have an electric hot plate as well so no chance! Disaster! So we’ve resorted to extreme measures to try and boil a pan and cook lunch! Beer probably to follow (if my phone lets me upload anything!)

4F417F7D-9559-4130-A5FC-C09A8DC15E06.jpeg

So we’ve resorted to extreme measures

I remember back in the 70's we used to regularly have power cuts my mam would cook tea on the open fire embers, we used to spend ages picking the black bits out :laugh8:

The 1970s are a decade remembered for industrial strife, particularly the Three-Day-Week of 1974 and 1979’s Winter of Discontent.
The pattern of dispute and disruption was set at the start of the decade, when in the run up to Christmas 1970 the country was crippled by power cuts as the result of industrial action.
As the lights went out, folk had to carry on with their daily lives as best they could – and this picture shows just that.
https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/nostalgia-do-you-remember-power-cuts-in-the-70s/

May have to resort to an early beer today. The whole street’s electricity is off, and I can’t even make a cup of tea. We have an electric hot plate as well so no chance! Disaster! So we’ve resorted to extreme measures to try and boil a pan and cook lunch! Beer probably to follow (if my phone lets me upload anything!)

View attachment 58326
Our electricity was off yesterday. Thankfully had the stove lit and a camping stove for the tea/coffee. Rough day of weather

View attachment 58326
Class. I do hot whiskeys at Christmas like that. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back