What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the Planet Pale too. Nice to kick off with one I have not tried before..

belgian d.jpg

This one's really good, a triple it seems. It's an import and 10.5% ABV and you can't really tell.
I wonder what the label makers in Belgium think when the have to put "MI-10¢" on the bottle? Our bottles are worth a dime and you can return them from where you got them.
Edit: I wonder if they make a Belgian double, it's called "piraatje"?

Last edited:
What Bret strain did you use, and what temps did you condition it at? Interested to do something similar with an historical recipe or two.
That beer is brewed using wlp670 Brett Saison yeast. My only problem with it is carbonation, it takes a very long time.
I have had better results brewing a beer as normal then adding Brett after the primary fermentation is complete. I have added Brett to a Saison and Belgian IPA/pale ales. My last Brett beer I added the dregs of a few bottles of Orval.

What kind of beers have you got in mind

What kind of beers have you got in
I'm thinking of Victorian stock and running ales; brew a batch of the stock, age it for a year or so with some Brett, then brew the running ale, pop on a Victorian hat and make out like I was down the pub in 1895 mixing them to taste. 😁

Thing is, I don't want a Brett strain that is too full on, I really want one that is similar to the ones that were present in the aging vats of old. However, if you look at the recommended temp for many of the commercial strains, it seems pretty high considering that I can't believe Whitbread's aging vats were much above ambient UK temps. This suggests I might need something different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back