What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20211215_211653.jpg

Sample of the 5 points bitter clone.

was weaned on OSH but it was on tap or occasionally bottled. I don’t think I’ve ever had a can. It was quite sweet and malty so you’re probably not far off.
Alas, it's a shadow of it's former self now, pasteurised and packaged, it just tastes like any other Greene King beer to me.

Now, in the Moreland days, on cask.... Fantastic.

Speaking of Greene King, BJCP craft hipster types; look away now.

A real IPA. In that there is such a thing. Which there isn't. 😁

View attachment 59488
I've tried that in cans,bottles and in the pub and all were on varying scales,dreadful. I'm not a beer snob by any means but I'm not getting that one at all. Not even for what it is.

I've tried that in cans,bottles and in the pub and all were on varying scales,dreadful. I'm not a beer snob by any means but I'm not getting that one at all. Not even for what it is.
I wholeheartedly agree, it's a very average bitter at best, even well kept cask. But it is an IPA with real heritage behind it. Just one that's been battered about by time. It does have value in winding up style Nazi's though. 😁

I'm finishing the odds and ends of my birthday beer boxes that various people gave me, so none of them are real gems.

IMG_20211215_221919.jpg

IMG_20211215_225251.jpg

Just finished racking into casks tonight purely for QC testing purposes, tail end of the FV, and then the coffee filtered version.
A brew of 'dialled down' Hoppy Pale Ale of Kent 2 weeks ago, using the new to me Warminster floor malted pale Maris Otter.
Rich, rich, rich!
Hops and malt flavours.
Finished at SG1006, so not sugar sweet.
Still the high end of minerals, I suspect.
I may have to share this for comments.
I'll have to wait for it to condition, settle and totally clear first to tell.
Meanwhile more testing may be required over the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back