What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have “Tree” presents in the evening. This was mine.

CB465E49-70ED-4B9B-933F-1528BC5688BD.jpeg

Now watching the Larkin's with wifey and kids. I am having the below, one of my favourite traditional IPAs, to relax me and stop me ranting just in case they have an historically inaccurate tractor on again, like they did in the series
Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh!! 1960's Fordson Super Major in 1950's Kent. Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh!

Christmas Day Part 2.

Today the oldest daughter’s family are coming round to ours after spending Christmas Day this year with her husbands parents. I’m back at the cooker (already had a shave today!) and starting with a bottle from a mixed box bought for me. It’s not a beer I’d have picked for myself probably but it’s actually quite nice - very malty, a little citrus fruit, dry finish, and quite a strong lingering bitterness but the bitterness is lovely.

1337B7CE-F665-4FEA-88BA-39C81E11DF62.jpeg

starting with a bottle from a mixed box bought for me.
Is that the Greene King festive box? My in-laws get me that every year and I actually really look forward to it; the mild is great and rocking Rudolph isn't half bad. Nothing outstanding in the rest, but it's nice to have some low abv chuggers over the festive period.

Christmas Day Part 2.

Today the oldest daughter’s family are coming round to ours after spending Christmas Day this year with her husbands parents. I’m back at the cooker (already had a shave today!) and starting with a bottle from a mixed box bought for me. It’s not a beer I’d have picked for myself probably but it’s actually quite nice - very malty, a little citrus fruit, dry finish, and quite a strong lingering bitterness but the bitterness is lovely.

View attachment 60184
Your festive season seems to be like mine. Enslaved to the kitchen. Yesterday we had 2 strays for dinner today we have 4.so we are up to 10 😳 yesterday I loved seeing them all come over. Today I’m not so chirpy due to the excessive amount of Christmas “spirit” lol. Just opened the Malbec so it will get better. 😂

Is that the Greene King festive box? My in-laws get me that every year and I actually really look forward to it; the mild is great and rocking Rudolph isn't half bad. Nothing outstanding in the rest, but it's nice to have some low abv chuggers over the festive period.

Won't be GK - Jennings was raken out by Marstons. More likely the sainsburys golden ale selection box I would guess.

Oooer this stuff is a bit weird... "Boys of England" from the 'Leigh on Sea' brewery: UK malt with some NZ hops (Progress, Pacific Gem and Willamette).
Bright in character but I find the bitterness a bit aggressive (gives me that 'earwax' aftertaste - bleurgh)
Growing on me a bit after the initial toe-curling reaction. Worth a try if you see it.

IMG_6530.JPG
IMG_6531.JPG

Oooer this stuff is a bit weird... "Boys of England" from the 'Leigh on Sea' brewery: UK malt with some NZ hops (Progress, Pacific Gem and Willamette).
Bright in character but I find the bitterness a bit aggressive (gives me that 'earwax' aftertaste - bleurgh)
Growing on me a bit after the initial toe-curling reaction. Worth a try if you see it.

View attachment 60202 View attachment 60201
The knowing what earwax tastes like is a subject that has been raised previously...

Yes it is. I’ve not had it before mainly put off I think by the IPA which to me is like a run-of-the-mill bitter. Just about to have my second beer from it, the IPA! I think I saw a post (from you perhaps) saying the Mild is nice. The Rudolph and Mild are next now I’m back on the beer (wine & Prosecco through lunch).

0B594AA5-D892-4193-A491-35E1EE798279.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back