What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An old favourite that somehow seems to taste different to me after a long time not drinking it 🤷‍♂️

IMG_20211231_185907.jpg

Quad time. It’s phenomenal. The aroma is hot buttered sourdough toast. I’ve got every dark malt flavour all going on at the same time, dark caramel flavours predominate with dark chocolate notes standing out in the background. Full body, smooth almost creamy mouthfeel and a long finish with a residual sweetness that coats the tongue but isn’t cloying in any way. It’s just amazing.
View attachment 60479
I've got one of those on the menu for tonight. In the meantime...... Orval!

IMG_20211231_201603791_HDR.jpg

Good evening everyone. I started with a lovely Stout. Then went onto a Festival Razorback IPA which is lovely. I'll have another before I move onto a couple of Jameson Whiskeys finished in IPA craft beer barrels.
Wishing everyone here a very Happy New Year.

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_201637.jpg
    IMG_20211231_201637.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 18
Trying a guest beer now from @pilgrimhudd . It's labeled a Belgian ale, it's dark and 6 % so I am guessing a dubbel
Nice aroma and flavour but lacking carbonation and head retention. Not sure on your recipe but one thing I have learned with Belgian beers is carbonation is key. ( Coming from a man who sent you an over excited tripel)

Cheers buddy and happy new
Looking forward to more beer swaps in the new year 👍
IMG_20211231_220605225.jpg

Trying a guest beer now from @pilgrimhudd . It's labeled a Belgian ale, it's dark and 6 % so I am guessing a dubbel
Nice aroma and flavour but lacking carbonation and head retention. Not sure on your recipe but one thing I have learned with Belgian beers is carbonation is key. ( Coming from a man who sent you an over excited tripel)

Cheers buddy and happy new
Looking forward to more beer swaps in the new year 👍
View attachment 60550

Yep, bleddy undercarbed!!! I'm not sure if you remember but I brewed 2 of these, the 2nd one (the one I sent) you had, the first was way overcarbed and i felt detracted from the taste, all you got was bubbles, but i think i went too far the other way. Cheers mate and a happy new year to you! I've only just got home from work so I've stuck yours in the fridge to have tomorrow. 👍

Yep, bleddy undercarbed!!! I'm not sure if you remember but I brewed 2 of these, the 2nd one (the one I sent) you had, the first was way overcarbed and i felt detracted from the taste, all you got was bubbles, but i think i went too far the other way. Cheers mate and a happy new year to you! I've only just got home from work so I've stuck yours in the fridge to have tomorrow. 👍
Carbonation can make or break a Belgian beer. For me they should have high carbonation, especially the high strength ones. The high carbonation makes the beer taste lighter and stops it's tasting sweet.
All my Belgian beers like yourself are bottle conditioned so this can result in mixed results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back