What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
American Pale next.

37DDEB23-2CBB-4A0A-94DA-54BCD18C4415.jpeg

This lovely selection were Christmas gifts from my wife.
_20210101_183529.JPG
Going to try to restrain myself and only sample one a week... Starting tonight with The Brew York Tonkoko.
_20210101_182606.JPG
Which is lovely :beer1:

Drinking the last bottle of my Brewferm Christmas beer, bottled 31.12.17.

I think this kit is probably best between 9 and 15 months but it has certainly changed over time. Starts as a sweet fruit cake taste. At 15 to 18 months, it developed some nice liquorice undertones. Last new year, it had lost the liquorice but had some sherry flavours. Now it has lost that but tastes like a nice barleywine.

When I brew this again, i might put some in a demijohn with some wine barrel chunks for 6 months before bottling as an experiment.

11% tips from track x humble sea x Alvarado street brew co.... Extremely happy and boozy but tastes sooooo good
IMG_20210101_215035170.jpg

Happy new year everyone 🍺
Drinking a Buxton porter with Costa Rican coffee. Very tasty for a Morrisons £3 purchase. It still tastes like a porter with a good amount of coffee flavour and not sweet..too many stouts and porters have to much weird **** in it these days. No thank you☺️View attachment 38732
View attachment 38732
I would definitely agree with that
A marshmallow stout wtf

I finished my GH Japanese lager tonight so I’ve now tapped my Munich Helles. It’s not as clear as I would have liked (although it’s a fair bit clearer than it looks in the photo), and the head (and retention) could be better but it tastes wonderful. From the Fermentasaurus I was worried it was too dark but it’s actually fairly ballpark for the colour I was looking for, and it has the same subtle malty flavour that my favourite Helles (Paulaner Muncher Hell) has. I’m very pleased with this one.

4E0D9BCB-F683-49EF-AB15-41B9176F93FF.jpeg

I know it’s boring but I like bitter I am of that age :laugh8: View attachment 38738
Bitter is in my view sadly very much underrated these days, NEIPA can be nice, same with double IPAs but especially with the pubs closed again I find myself craving basic bitter, pale malt a little crystal some wheat for head retention hopped with Challenger and First Gold (or similar) and served at cellar temperature. A long way of saying I am having another Yorkshire Bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back