What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve given you all a break from Summer Breeze. Now it’s back!

CD524C33-6769-45BD-AB63-390395D08A82.jpeg

I’m liking the look of that there shed! Any chance of a virtual tour?

If I post that here you or I might get lynched! I recently refitted my brew-shed and posted lots of pictures in my brew-day thread so if you’re interested you can immerse yourself in the design, build, and hidden secrets by following the story from the link below 😉

I’ve ordered some more bits to build the temperature control panel. This is going to control the temperature of the brewshed and the fermentation cupboard, and will drive cooling for a python when there is spare cooling capacity. The cooling system looks a bit like this:

View attachment 33508

Cooling comes from a Maxi 310 chiller and I’m using the built-in recirculation pump to circulate coolant into a manifold with three outlets each controlled by a motorised ball valve. Only one will be open at any time with the fermenter getting priority, the brewshed next, and the python gets what it’s given as last priority.

I’ll be using these Inkbird temperature controllers, one for the fermenter and one for the shed.

View attachment 33509

The ITC has contacts that close when heating is required or when cooling is required.

View attachment 33510

The heating outputs will be used to drive relays and supply mains power to heaters in the fermenter and shed.

I need to take the cooling outputs from the two ITCs and make them drive three motorised valves - but only one to be open at a time because the flow is not intended to be split three ways and could be insufficient.

This is the design I came up with for cooling control. The ITCs only show the cooling output for clarity.

View attachment 33157

If I post that here you or I might get lynched! I recently refitted my brew-shed and posted lots of pictures in my brew-day thread so if you’re interested you can immerse yourself in the design, build, and hidden secrets by following the story from the link below 😉

I got as far as “motorised ball valve” before I had to go stand outside for a few minutes ... phew!

Do like the look of those bulbous kegs coupled to what could be a dispensing system (I’m new - can you tell?) as it might free me from having to bottle absolutely everything. Chiller cabinet too, huh? Mmmmm ...

I got as far as “motorised ball valve” before I had to go stand outside for a few minutes ... phew!

Do like the look of those bulbous kegs coupled to what could be a dispensing system (I’m new - can you tell?) as it might free me from having to bottle absolutely everything. Chiller cabinet too, huh? Mmmmm ...

I’ll PM you to save everyone else! 😂

last day of 'festive' holiday.
IMG_20210105_130421_1.jpg

'pineapple milkshake' IPA. getting a little pineapple from the hops but no milkshake from the lactose or vanilla. nice can though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back