What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little warm, but very tasty...

woldtop.jpg

I’ve just poured a lager too - Czech Pilsner. Now beautifully clear although the glass is immediately wet from condensation.

The flavour is still really nice but the aroma is soooo good. I don’t have the vocabulary for this but it’s so fresh it puts me in mind of standing in a snow covered field on a crisp winters day with the sun shining and a clear blue sky - does that even have a smell? 😂

F0018AF9-4111-4F86-8B87-8F6E7989BF50.jpeg

Wife's at her sisters so looks like a liquid dinner tonight. Funny how one can plan a meal, but cannot put a recipe together of what beers to drink, and in what order.
Started the evening off with my Blue Heeler Bitter, Blue Heeler known for their bite as a cattle dog, now this bitter has a nice bite of hops at the finish. So an apt name.This hop schedule I think is spot on.
005.JPG

Second on the list, Golden Ale. While I do like it, it just doesn't have the malt character of the other beers I expect to get into tonight. This is a beer for those hot balmy afternoons/nights which because of La Nina I don't have.
Will be going on to something else after this, probably the ESB.
007.JPG

Last edited:
feeling a bit too chilly for beer (-1 outside and not much warmer inside) so am attempting to finish a bottle of apple smirnoff i got while it was reduced on amazon..
seemed like a good idea at the time.
tastes like a cheap penny apple chew from the 80s.
it is warming the cockles slightly however.
there's a warning out for ice and snow. i do hope it doesn't coming to anything.

Last edited:
006.JPG

The last long neck of my Dark Mild, I had to pour this into a jug first and wait 15 minutes. Well overcarbed, this went from grain to glass in 15 days (bottled) so not surprised about the over carbonation. But it was in the fridge and cold after cutting the back lawn. Still very tasty but.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back