What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiehanstephaner 34/70 lager.
Helles-ish flavour with plenty of aroma Saaz. Very sessionable, even if it's a bit green, 3 weeks grain to glass.

Attachments

• IMG-20210115-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20210115-WA0007.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 44
Having a pint of my porter which has developed into a really nice beer, definently using a Nottingham Windsor combo again

Beer delivery, found a local place that had Putty for sale and I got the last can! I hope it's worth the hype
IMG_20210115_191405_071.jpg

Also got an Omnipollo Noa Pecan Mud Cake that I've been eyeing up for a while. But those are for another day...

Right now I'm on my Vienna IPA. The hops have evolved into a nice dankness now and the sweet malt is shining through. The shed conditioning has really made the yeast stick to the bottom of the bottle too so I can pour the whole thing. I need to do an inventory check to see how many of these I have left.
IMG_20210115_183302.jpg

Sour next. I usually enjoy the first few sips of a sour and then I’ve had enough. This is a plum flavoured sour and has Saaz hops. I have to say the choice of hops seems a little odd to me because the beautiful Saaz hops are completely overwhelmed by the sour and plum flavours. I like it, probably, it tastes like a sour-plum drink. Not so much a beer for me.

2B4579BC-A513-4AF6-AC2B-AF0E4BE1F082.jpeg

I’m not sure about this DDH DIPA. For a start there are too many initials! It’s quite intense and again while being nice doesn’t really taste like beer (to me). One nice thing about this beer is that despite the really intense hop flavour there’s no hop burn so hats off for that. As I’ve been drinking it it’s grown on me and is nearly finished in the time taken to write this post, and it’s 7.8% :oops: asad.

10ED7DC7-F28D-430D-8B14-5DCF8A5AEB62.jpeg

Currently holed up in a rather smart boutique hotel for the duration of it's restoration project I'm working on.
So no homebrew ( I did consider bringing a barrel ! ) this was best from limited selection at Tesco express across the road - Vocation life and death American IPA.
Malty,citrusy hoppy bitterness, very quaffable after a long day !
IMG_2021-01-15-20-32-56-073.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back