What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking a beer that sums up my week

Attachments

• 1610744676036258848425933974833.jpg
    1610744676036258848425933974833.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 44
I’m not sure about this DDH DIPA. For a start there are too many initials! It’s quite intense and again while being nice doesn’t really taste like beer (to me). One nice thing about this beer is that despite the really intense hop flavour there’s no hop burn so hats off for that. As I’ve been drinking it it’s grown on me and is nearly finished in the time taken to write this post, and it’s 7.8% :oops: asad.

View attachment 39561
I really enjoyed this one, that much I even bought another can of it that's sitting in the fridge 👍 big amount of hops if my thing 🤩

Yeah, me too. My first Doppelbock is coming on nicely and is starting to settle down a bit - I thought I might have overdone the maltiness for a while.
I searched the forum it's not a very popular style. I had a look at your recipe. What yeast did you use, did you build it up

I searched the forum it's not a very popular style. I had a look at your recipe. What yeast did you use, did you build it up

I made a starter from dried MJ M54 California lager yeast. I only made it the day before so yes but not like a cultured yeast.

I rehydrated it and added it to a litre of 1020 wort. I gave it a vigorous shake every few hours through the day and the next day I tipped away all but a little wort and the yeast that had settled at the bottom. I then swirled the yeast and dregs of the wort at the point I pitched it.

I made a starter from dried MJ M54 California lager yeast. I only made it the day before so yes but not like a cultured yeast.

I rehydrated it and added it to a litre of 1020 wort. I gave it a vigorous shake every few hours through the day and the next day I tipped away all but a little wort and the yeast that had settled at the bottom. I then swirled the yeast and dregs of the wort at the point I pitched it.
My plan is to use the yeast cake from my Czech pilsner. I have wyeast 2278 in the fridge. Probably get the starter on Tuesday 👍

I need to invest or make a stir plate

Probably the last for tonight, this King of hop is a bit more traditional in taste being hoppy in the old sense of the phrase - 5g /l 😂 I still like it (I’m such a beer tart!).

View attachment 39569
Reminds me of the joke of the boy telling his mate about a girl he used to know called chip's and beans.
He asked why did you call her that ?
Because she goes with anything 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back