What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Worth the hype! What a drop Putty is..

Attachments

• 179EA5E3-B566-448A-B64E-A892136DFE84.jpeg
    179EA5E3-B566-448A-B64E-A892136DFE84.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 51
Well after a week from hell feel like rick Grimes from the walking dead!!! Cracked open Sam smiths nut brown ale which is a favorite of mine. To stop feeling like **** checked out my old scotch whiskey stash and hiding at the back a bottle of Dimple (1970s) woo its good gonna get very retro where's the stash of old Tom's

Wife has popped out to the shops, after all the hard yakka I have done in the garden I think I deserve some early refreshments.
First, a 2 weeks in the bottle Brown Ale, while it goes down like a quaffing beer I know it isn't.
009.JPG
011.JPG

Next a 1 week in the bottle Brown Porter, again feels like a quaffing beer, but it isn't. Why do fresh beers feel like a session beer my theory is, carbonation, or lack of.
012.JPG
013.JPG

So tonight's beer is the old faithful, ordinary bitter, I wonder what the poor people are doing tonight?
014.JPG

Got on the hype train and had a Putty last night.
IMG_20210116_154441_275.jpg

It was very good, but not worth the hype in my opinion.

Dank resinous hoppiness, piney and fruity, but I couldn't pick any specific fruit out. Thick mouthfeel and a smooth lingering bitterness. The 8% is well hidden too. A great beer, but too similar to other Verdant NEIPAs to justify the hype.

Got on the hype train and had a Putty last night. View attachment 39653
It was very good, but not worth the hype in my opinion.

Dank resinous hoppiness, piney and fruity, but I couldn't pick any specific fruit out. Thick mouthfeel and a smooth lingering bitterness. The 8% is well hidden too. A great beer, but too similar to other Verdant NEIPAs to justify the hype.
I think they created the hype by brewing it once a year, and then putting the price up.

brewdog duo-polis.
which means two policepersons around glasgow way.
i don't get 'modernist milkshake' obviously.
it's not bad. i'm just not picking up anything different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back