What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20210117_091310-4.jpg

Trying one of these out now. Vocation Naughty and Nice Chocolate Stout
IMG_20210117_134818_976.jpg

Much like my own chocolate stout, only richer, sweeter, and a little bit nicer. No head retention on this one either which makes me feel better about mine.

I've just brewed a pilsner with riwaka, didnt get much from the hops when I bottled, still conditioning though and not tried it yet.
They didn't smell amazing out of the packet tbh but it'll hopefully improve a little with a few days to carb up and settle down 🤞

IMG_20210117_175324.jpg

Next....this is a MJ stout at 8%(!!!) that I've been stalking for months! These things take some capturing in a dark shed...
Kindly sent to me by Banbeer...
This is rather nice! Very smooth, aromatic..I'm detecting a subtle spice(?) back note...I can't quite decide what it is...there's a slight dry finish,then dark fruit...but I'm not getting the alcohol I thought I would..
This is a very nice beer, definitely a sipper but too moorish...and probably a bit dangerous!
Thanks Banbeer! Well worth the wait!

I’m trying my attempt at the GH recipie for Weissbier this has just being kegged and force carbonated so will probably be conditioned until at least next week.

First thought was banana, this beer actually got a little out of control, had it wrapped in a towel with a hot water bottle at about 21C, before I knew it, it was at 25C and escaping the bucket, which I have heard tends to lead to a lot of banana flavour. Luckily while the banana is quite strong it is actually really extremely pleasant, the only downside is that it’s 5.5% and way too easy to drink.

I couldn't resist and samples my rauchbier after two weeks in the bottle. The smoke is not overly intense which is a slight surprise but it's a very nice pint. I'll let the rest sit in the fridge for a couple of weeks and see if that makes much of a difference

Attachments

• IMG_20210117_190337583.jpg
    IMG_20210117_190337583.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 36
Crafty hen, badged as Morland but brewed by Greene King.
I still see their old plaques around my area as it was an Abingdon brewery originally,
Oh well, plus ca change.
Nice drop mind
View attachment 39702
Not bottle conditioned anymore, sadly, but I agree it's still a decent pint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back