What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting tonight with another taste of my English Pale Ale. It’s nice and clear, the colour is good, and the flavour is getting there - it’s nice but not quite polished. It is very drinkable all the same so I might start weaving a few of these in 😉

AB6F93EC-515F-489E-ADDD-1E11EA4203B9.jpeg

Brewdog Nitro Choco Libre Mexican hot chocolate stout - 8.2%.
Very drinkable even at this high alcohol percentage.
The creaminess of this is unbelievably good which is down to that nitro doobrie in the bottom of the can.
10/10 Would buy again!

Had to cut open the can to see what it looked like..

beer.jpg

beer2.jpg

Last edited:
Starting tonight with a guest ale from @strange-steve . This is his Weizenbock.

A hefty blast of CO2 when I cracked open the bottle but the beer stayed put in the bottle. The pour was very active and a head quickly built and then settled down after a few seconds, leaving a thin covering of small bubbles over the surface. The beer is very dark brown and I can see by holding it to the light that it’s clear and is tinged with a red hue.

The aroma is complex. There’s a soft alcoholic aroma. There are fruit notes of raisins, prunes, and banana but also a hint of something more juicy like blackberry or even black cherry? A slightly sweet malty backbone becoming more apparent as the beer warms a little.

The flavour is equally complex with dark fruit and dark malt lifted and softened by a lovely mouth-filing carbonation. Residual sweetness fades to alcoholic warmth and finishes like a glass of fine port.

Thanks very much Steve, a really nice beer and a great start to my evening!:hat:

58A425D9-38FF-493E-B172-BB1623086B97.jpeg

Yes, it’s a good one. 8.5% strong ale. Very malty and dark, prune fruit, warming alcohol. £6 in Waitrose.

Fella from the finance team at work I have my lunchtime pints with (remember them) found 2/3rds of a case of the 98 under his stairs that a mate gave him years ago . He only drinks Guinness so he passed one on to me. I will probably come in ****** one night and chin it.

https://www.beautifulbeers.co.uk/fullers-vintage-ale-1998-85-550ml.ir
He says I can have the rest of them - hes not bothered about the money but on what auspicious occassion would you crack one of these?

Fella from the finance team at work I have my lunchtime pints with (remember them) found 2/3rds of a case of the 98 under his stairs that a mate gave him years ago . He only drinks Guinness so he passed one on to me. I will probably come in ****** one night and chin it.

https://www.beautifulbeers.co.uk/fullers-vintage-ale-1998-85-550ml.ir
He says I can have the rest of them - hes not bothered about the money but on what auspicious occassion would you crack one of these?

On every occasion you fancy something special or feel you deserve it!

Mind you, I haven’t tried a ‘98 so perhaps you should drink it and see if it’s any good. You don’t want to hold out and look forward to something that’s a let down.

On every occasion you fancy something special or feel you deserve it!

Mind you, I haven’t tried a ‘98 so perhaps you should drink it and see if it’s any good. You don’t want to hold out and look forward to something that’s a let down.
Can't imagine any 400 quid bottle if ale will live up to expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back