What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not tried this before, dry hopped pale using UK hops from TT. _20210122_175322.JPG

0ED051DA-887A-43E1-833F-B45299057EAF.jpeg
GH Weissbier

I kegged this last Sunday and tried it them and thought it was quite good, but needed a little more CO2 (I force carbed) I have since left it for a week at 20PSI in the fridge which has significantly increased the level of CO2. And you know what I now understand why Wheat beer is supposed to be highly carbonated while part carbonated it was nice enough in retrospect it was a little sweet, the banana a little strong. The CO2 leaves a little acidity, and makes it a tad crisper, cutting through the sweetness the banana is still their but it just seems more balanced.

Wanted something pale for a post work pint. Want to keep my pilsner back so the only thing pale and lower than 8% was an American pale by Lamond Brewery. At 4% it's most likely the weakest beer I have drank in a long time. Not bad tho for a weaker pale, plenty of flavour going on.

It might make an interesting contrast to mine which is soft and smooth. I’ll have to send you one for comparison. Maybe @samale too as he’s shown some interest. 😉
I would be up for that, I will keep you a bottle of my Czech pilsner and summer breeze also. Starter is on for the pilsner, it's looking like Monday for brew day. Summer breeze is mashing. The doppelbock will follow the pilsner. I plan to use the yeast cake.

I would be up for that, I will keep you a bottle of my Czech pilsner and summer breeze also. Starter is on for the pilsner, it's looking like Monday for brew day. Summer breeze is mashing. The doppelbock will follow the pilsner. I plan to use the yeast cake.

Sounds good. I have a Czech Pilsner in the fermenter so can include one of those with the Doppelbock and maybe a Tripel if I have any left! 😂

Another Weissbier, I am really liking this and thinking I may have found my new summer beer (I have being seeing a lot of comments about how this works extremely well even when fermented fairly hot which given I don’t have temperature control is perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back