What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stout is taking too long to warm up so poured a Belgian blonde. It’s also bloody freezing served like a cokes light lol.
493E1921-1EF6-4721-AD23-60465408CBE2.jpeg

Now on the Dunkelweizen brewed back in September. The nose is full banana. The palate is cocoa and vanilla. It's smoothed out and balanced a lot in last few weeks. Someone out there would love this to bits. Just not sure it's me!

plum.jpeg

Aldi Plum Porter. I know nothing of such things, but remembered praise on here for a home-brewed plum porter (maybe on the Secret Santa?), so thought I'd give it a try.

Nice drink. Plum flavour only slight, but clearly there.

Beer lines all cleaned. Fermenter all cleaned and ready for tomorrow’s brew. Swapped a couple of kegs around and tidied up all the lines that I was planning on doing for about a year now 🤷‍♂️ A keg kicked so poured a pint off my keg of “salty” ipa to see if it had mellowed. Looks like oxidation has started somehow but it dosnt taste it. But it’s not as mineraly as it was. It’s drinkable but I would be disappointed if I bought it. Will have a few and see if I’m going to dump it.
3D31C959-228C-4E7F-8D28-08216AC5A3F6.jpeg

**edit**
3 mouthfuls in and it’s down the sink. Whatever happened to the water profile on this one hasn’t gone away.
ah well. Live and learn.

Last edited:
Nice way to start my afternoon/evening drinking, a hazy pale I believe from @Leon103 , nice pop on opening, slightly thin head, certainly hazy as said on tin, looks a touch oxidised but certainly doesnt taste it. Hops prominent on aroma and taste but I can't place them, think some simcoe in there? Anyway, grapefruit and pineapple (not something I've noticed before, nice!) And a bit of pine to finish, bitter but refreshing, light bodied something I could drink a ton of on a summers day. Thanks for sharing!

20220108_171640.jpg

Not done much with Mosiac but that's a great hop combo, think you did a cascade and simcoe recently? That's another good one.
Yes, I sent that one out in the secret santa, seemed to go down well.
Also got a Mosaic, Citra and Cascade APA kegged - got a few bottles left if you'd like one.

That Fuggleduck looks very neckable ! athumb..

Yes, I sent that one out in the secret santa, seemed to go down well.
Also got a Mosaic, Citra and Cascade APA kegged - got a few bottles left if you'd like one.

That Fuggleduck looks very neckable ! athumb..

Only of you can spare, I'd be very keen!

Fuggleduck is very neckable, it's not an award winner by any means but you could drink it all night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back