What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An unusual one for me and the first of it’s type I’ve ever brewed, Raspberry Sour.

4D93FD0B-3CDC-4E2D-AC48-7E9C5202A73A.jpeg

I keep looking at Leffe, cos they sell it cheap in Lidl, but I have this folk-memory from years back that I don't like it.
Perhaps I should give it another go; the bottles are nice, anyway! :D
The beer is pretty good. I got it in Tesco at £2.50 a bottle nit with the daughters staff Clubcard the week before Christmas giving 20% off it was only £2 a 750ml bottle. Couldn’t pass it at that.

I had the same folk-memory about Old Peculier too, though, and I was right about that! :D

On to the darker beer, @matt76 Hurricane Porter, opened with a fizz, poured with a nice thick head but dissipated pretty quickly. Coffee like aroma. Malty flavour, roast and coffee, hints of some hoppiness. A little on the thin side for me, however am drinking from shed so it's quite cold. To be fair I think I notice the low abv, I like a stronger beer, this though is very nice and I'd defo have another.

20220108_221932.jpg

This was another Christmas box from the kids. I recommend this one, it’s yummy. It’s a forest fruits ice cream imperial stout by Buxton brewery, 10%. Good job we’re sharing! 😅

Don’t know why but I seem to prefer all the stronger stuff, especially the stouts. I think it’s cos they’re aged for longer, but who knows?

95A2526C-AEFE-4503-B3DC-7D4E444ED658.jpeg

Enjoying a pint of Red ale from @Alastair70 .
Attractive looking beer, dark amber/red with a nice fluffy head( still some foam with a 3rd left). Malty caramel aroma, maybe a light roast character.
Flavour follows a similar theme. Some caramel with possibly some drying light chocolate character at the end. Clean fermentation.
Nice easy drinking red that I would happily drink a second. Thanks for sharing 🍺
IMG_20220109_161642.jpg

Enjoying a pint of Red ale from @Alastair70 .
Attractive looking beer, dark amber/red with a nice fluffy head( still some foam with a 3rd left). Malty caramel aroma, maybe a light roast character.
Flavour follows a similar theme. Some caramel with possibly some drying light chocolate character at the end. Clean fermentation.
Nice easy drinking red that I would happily drink a second. Thanks for sharing 🍺
View attachment 60995
Nice beer that 👍

My godson bought me a few beers for Christmas and this was one of them. Last time I had this it was 6.5% now it’s 5.1% and extremely bland. It used to be a lovely hoppy bitter beer now it has very little grapefruit aroma and little to no taste.
I havnt bought it since they changed it and thank god I didn’t .
6DAC486E-E32E-4BC4-8ED3-D37F8262EB85.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back