What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying a pint of Red ale from @Alastair70 .
Attractive looking beer, dark amber/red with a nice fluffy head( still some foam with a 3rd left). Malty caramel aroma, maybe a light roast character.
Flavour follows a similar theme. Some caramel with possibly some drying light chocolate character at the end. Clean fermentation.
Nice easy drinking red that I would happily drink a second. Thanks for sharing 🍺
View attachment 60995
Thanks for the kind words @dave_77. I’m rebrewing this with some minor tweaks in a couple of weeks. It’ll hopefully be one of my LAB entries.

Apologies for my recent absence from the bar folks. I’ve been getting kicked in the **** by Covid for the last week. A word to the vaccine hesitant out there, catch yourself the f*** on and get jabbed. I’m only 2 months out from my booster and it’s been horrendous.

Last edited:
My godson bought me a few beers for Christmas and this was one of them. Last time I had this it was 6.5% now it’s 5.1% and extremely bland. It used to be a lovely hoppy bitter beer now it has very little grapefruit aroma and little to no taste.
I havnt bought it since they changed it and thank god I didn’t .View attachment 61009
Hi John i got of those at christmas, it is not a patch on what it was it tasted like the aroma had been injected or along those lines

Found a few bottles of my Raspberry cider in the shed so I reckon it'd be rude not to try one
20220109_185649.jpg

Hi John i got of those at christmas, it is not a patch on what it was it tasted like the aroma had been injected or along those lines
You know rod that’s exactly what I was thinking. There is an artificial taste to it now like you said as. It used to be full on grapefruit not it’s nearly chemically.

Today was a brew day
Screenshot_20220109-181817_Gallery.jpg
on my 37 year old Electrim bin which was a marathon and an obstacle course not least because it is fiendishly difficult to maintain a steady mash temp. Anyway did a simple AG English bitter which is chugging the airlock after 4 hours! While clearing up I had a kit beer then a
Screenshot_20220109-181817_Gallery.jpg
GK OSH as shown then an AG Citra. As you might imagine they were in ascending order of merit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back