What are you drinking tonight 2022?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Tess Tickle

Knowledge Junkie
Reaction score
Will join you for a couple as it’s almost beer time anyway! This was a present from the youngest and partner. It’s stunning! So fruity!

Everyday hero by Amundsen Brewery. New World IPA. Really is very yummy!

A8D0C47C-6B82-4065-8710-13822F5B5A2C.jpeg

Reaction score
Well today is the day 🍀 I’m having a stout made by an Irishman. There is though one tiny detail I might get picked up on…

562EA309-7ADC-43A5-84A3-67118F2EAC40.jpeg

This brew was sent to me by @Donegal john a 7% American Stout. You can see from the picture it’s black in colour and has a nice light tan head which settled down to cuddle the beer and then stuck around leaving some nice loose lacing all the way down the glass. I can tell you the beer is nice and clear too.

The aroma is exactly what you’d expect, nice and roasty with coffee notes, a little chocolate, and some nice hoppy highlights from the Citra and Simcoe hops. Nothing in the hops stands out particularly, just a nice balance of hoppiness. The aroma is clean and fresh with no hint of anything untoward.

No messing with sips I took a big glug and I immediately got a little gentle sweet malt like dark, almost burnt, bread crust. That was just to lure me in because what followed was a stampede of hops followed by a pop of liquorice and a crescendo of bitterness. Out of the bitterness coffee pushed through and on it’s tail a mild roasty liquorice bitterness that lingered for a while. :oops: Again!

Must be something about St. Paddy’s Day that’s made me all poetic but that my friend is a riot of a beer, like the stout version of the old Tango adverts.

Great beer John, well done and thank you!

Reaction score
Well today is the day 🍀 I’m having a stout made by an Irishman. There is though one tiny detail I might get picked up on…

View attachment 64896

This brew was sent to me by @Donegal john a 7% American Stout. You can see from the picture it’s black in colour and has a nice light tan head which settled down to cuddle the beer and then stuck around leaving some nice loose lacing all the way down the glass. I can tell you the beer is nice and clear too.

The aroma is exactly what you’d expect, nice and roasty with coffee notes, a little chocolate, and some nice hoppy highlights from the Citra and Simcoe hops. Nothing in the hops stands out particularly, just a nice balance of hoppiness. The aroma is clean and fresh with no hint of anything untoward.

No messing with sips I took a big glug and I immediately got a little gentle sweet malt like dark, almost burnt, bread crust. That was just to lure me in because what followed was a stampede of hops followed by a pop of liquorice and a crescendo of bitterness. Out of the bitterness coffee pushed through and on it’s tail a mild roasty liquorice bitterness that lingered for a while. :oops: Again!

Must be something about St. Paddy’s Day that’s made me all poetic but that my friend is a riot of a beer, like the stout version of the old Tango adverts.

Great beer John, well done and thank you!
Thank you for the review h. It’s a beer I have brewed a few times and I’m pleased with it
It’s the spirit of the Irish that brings out the poetry. Everyone has it in them. 😜
Glad you enjoyed it.

Reaction score
Something different now, this IPA.

View attachment 64904
H what’s the beer. I went to their brewery on the Greenwich peninsula a few weeks ago and drank their Mosaic IPA which was wonderful and had a long chat with the head brewer a lovely person from the US. I was so impressed by the Mosaic IPA I made a clone today.😀

Reaction score
H what’s the beer. I went to their brewery on the Greenwich peninsula a few weeks ago and drank their Mosaic IPA which was wonderful and had a long chat with the head brewer a lovely person from the US. I was so impressed by the Mosaic IPA I made a clone today.😀
It’s a Simcoe pale, nice.

88579C30-9028-4166-8CD0-463CE7E93753.jpeg

Reaction score
Another stout, also brewed in Ireland. Fairly strong for a stout at 6% but also nice and smooth. Another one going down quickly 🥴

View attachment 64901
Is that tongue in cheek as your first was an American stout? I thought Magic Rock were in Huddersfield?

I'm having a Beavertown Lupuloid IPA which seems to have gone downhill since I last had one. Little hop aroma or taste and a weird bitterness. Not really enjoying it.

NotSure

Reaction score
Is that tongue in cheek as your first was an American stout? I thought Magic Rock were in Huddersfield?

I'm having a Beavertown Lupuloid IPA which seems to have gone downhill since I last had one. Little hop aroma or taste and a weird bitterness. Not really enjoying it.
Agree with Lupuloid. After Heinekin bought into them, I've noticed their beer has gone down hill a bit. Lupuloid, Black Betty, Eight Ball... to name a few.

Latest posts