What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At our youngest daughters while they’ve gone off to a pub quiz night at the local. I picked up a few nice beers on the way.

62888F14-6FA9-4AE9-B1A3-7B5E83930244.jpeg

Think I’ll start with this tasty little number…
58DB7123-6851-43FB-B889-D7D85F183FC0.jpeg

"Belgian Ale" (v2?) by @pilgrimhudd

20220110_203238.jpg

I'm happy to say I'm enjoying this a lot more than I was expecting to as I'm generally not much a fan of Belgian beers.

And to be fair I don't get anything obviously Belgian-ey from it!

It's rich, warning and fruity. I immediately got treacle (invert sugar?). And then there's lots of fruity esters, like you get from an English ale yeast but turned up to 11 - I get something similar from Hobgoblin which I don't much like, but the difference here is this beer is nice!

It's not something I'd want to session all evening but I'd happily have another now, and definitely again another day.

Good job mate, thanks for sharing 👍🍻

"Belgian Ale" (v2?) by @pilgrimhudd

View attachment 61053

I'm happy to say I'm enjoying this a lot more than I was expecting to as I'm generally not much a fan of Belgian beers.

And to be fair I don't get anything obviously Belgian-ey from it!

It's rich, warning and fruity. I immediately got treacle (invert sugar?). And then there's lots of fruity esters, like you get from an English ale yeast but turned up to 11 - I get something similar from Hobgoblin which I don't much like, but the difference here is this beer is nice!

It's not something I'd want to session all evening but I'd happily have another now, and definitely again another day.

Good job mate, thanks for sharing 👍🍻

Glad you like it, also pleased you got the fruity esters, something v1 was lacking, I used s33 in the hope I'd get something from it. And yes lots of invert sugar. I should really send you v1 as they are very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back