What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2EF8BE5C-B197-48A8-B670-CEF6E945D540.jpeg
@The-Engineer-That-Brews was kind enough to send me a bottle of his WGV bitter when he saw I was making a WGV smash. So let’s get the negative out of the way the bottle was very tall ensuring when I popped it in the fridge to cool it down ever so slightly I had to put it on the bottom shelf rather than the top with the rest of the beer. As you can probably tell when this is my complaint I am struggling to find anything negative to say.

Beer itself opened with a gentle hiss and was very easy to pour leaving a slight head which lasted right through to the end. Beer has a very nice floral note (hard to describe one of those I know it when I taste it things), with a tad more sweetness than I was expecting but I think it works well. I suspect this isn’t one for everyone but as a fan of floral earthy beers I can safely say I would be extremely happy to receive this in a pub, and I am keeping my fingers crossed my own smash will turn out as nice as this. Thank you for sharing

View attachment 64951
@The-Engineer-That-Brews was kind enough to send me a bottle of his WGV bitter when he saw I was making a WGV smash. So let’s get the negative out of the way the bottle was very tall ensuring when I popped it in the fridge to cool it down ever so slightly I had to put it on the bottom shelf rather than the top with the rest of the beer. As you can probably tell when this is my complaint I am struggling to find anything negative to say.

Beer itself opened with a gentle hiss and was very easy to pour leaving a slight head which lasted right through to the end. Beer has a very nice floral note (hard to describe one of those I know it when I taste it things), with a tad more sweetness than I was expecting but I think it works well. I suspect this isn’t one for everyone but as a fan of floral earthy beers I can safely say I would be extremely happy to receive this in a pub, and I am keeping my fingers crossed my own smash will turn out as nice as this. Thank you for sharing
Thank you very much for your kind words - very much appreciated. It's always a pleasure to share one's brews :hat:
As you say, probably not to everyone's taste but it was an interesting experiment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back