What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a little golden Ale
IMG_20220111_181815.jpg

No, don’t remember seeing that one before. Christmas special?
I've taken a look on Uptappd and there are entries going back to Dec 2018, so it doesn't look new, but it does look like it's a seasonal brew. 👍🏻

* I meant to post this a couple of days ago but it seems I forget to press Reply and was still sat in my browser ready t go.

I'm drinking a Proper Job. I had a vague idea that it was a darker, malty beer, but of course it's not like that at all, very much an English IPA style.

Late one!

flakey1.jpeg

One of my Flakey Bitters. Pretty pleased with this, second time I've brewed it. Lively as you can see. I did pour into a jug, and plenty of head there. Is it over-primed? I don't think so really; it's not overly 'fizzy', a few bubbles can be seen if you hold it up to the light, but that looks about right for a bitter, I think. It's so named because it contains flaked barley, and maybe that contributes to a but of a head. This is kinda my No 2 bitter, after my Grey Sheep. It's a bit different, but I like them both. The only downside is, I decided to dry-hop half of the batch. And the un-dry hopped ones (like this) are nice and clear (I wouldn't claim crystal clear, but 'clear enough'). The dry-hopped ones, however, still look a bit soupy. Will they clear in time? I'll have to wait and see. It's a funny old business; I dry-hop my parsnip stout, and it comes out crystal clear. But I guess that doesn't have all the interactions with grains that a 'proper' beer does.

Here it is a bit later

flakey2.jpeg

Yeah, that's fine! :D

While drinking my Foreign Extra Stout, reading an old BYO magazine it is not hard to miss there is barely a mention of oxidation. In fact looking back through all the old magazines I have, oxidation isn't mentioned! We brewed and drank good beer prior to the closed vessel fermenters hitting the market, leads one to believe that the scary oxidation issues are a commercial bogey man. Reading from around 2007 to present day it is clear that oxidation has become an issue since the closed vessel fermenters came into being. I have had one oxididised beer and that was one which was supposed to after 3 years in the bottle to get the sherry notes coming through.

002.JPG

While drinking my Foreign Extra Stout, reading an old BYO magazine it is not hard to miss there is barely a mention of oxidation. In fact looking back through all the old magazines I have, oxidation isn't mentioned! We brewed and drank good beer prior to the closed vessel fermenters hitting the market, leads one to believe that the scary oxidation issues are a commercial bogey man. Reading from around 2007 to present day it is clear that oxidation has become an issue since the closed vessel fermenters came into being. I have had one oxididised beer and that was one which was supposed to after 3 years in the bottle to get the sherry notes coming through.

View attachment 61116
It's Citra and Mosiac's fault

Berry Red ale 7%, based on Brooklyn Brewshop recipe, bottled three weeks.
very tasty, fruity and malty and a bit boozy for a work night! cloudy but my own fault I didn’t Protofloc, would do again cheers all
81F8180B-6801-41BF-AABC-A028DAED68DC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back